Chapter 23: Escaping Imprisonment

There, he was gone. That last person he trusted.

John felt odd. He felt strange, he felt suicidal.

His whole life was crumbling around him, he didn't like it. He thought he was going to get married and never have to listen to his thoughts again or feel suicidal ever again.

He noticed a guard slide a package of food under the bars. It was in a gift like packaging for some reason.

John crawled to retrieve it, not feeling like getting up.

He opened it, it reveal a small Styrofoam cup filled with chicken soup and a box of breadsticks.

"Fancy?" John murmured. It was unusual food for a cellmate. Feeling a bit lucky, he started gouging on his meal.

He sat there on the floor, allowing himself to digest his food. He felt a lot better, probably because he needed to eat.

He remembered what Emerson had told him. He kept strong had a will to escape.

He got himself up and stared at the wall. John then looked at his hands. He knew his ability had been deactivated but he felt that he could reactivate it.

The person who gave him the food was a spy for someone else, the food had ability reactivators in it. The person's identity would be known later.

John started feeling his aura again. He was confused why but he took advantage of it.

His last known ability was Valkyrie's, but before he could use it. He need to re flow his aura into his body.

He charged up intensely, making sure he was ready at his full 9.2 level.

Then he finally had his ability fully back

Then he finally had his ability fully back. He fired up a black sword and slashed through the walls, breaking himself out.

He slit the guards throat and watched him die, he was about to go and retrieve Emerson but he then remembered he too had a plan. Taking the opportunity he ran as fast as he could, taking whatever auras he came by.

Many Revive Ember soldiers came after him, however he hacked and slashed each one that came at him.

He had acquired a teleport ability so when another soldier fired a bullet, he quickly teleported back to his home.

He was surprised at what he just pulled off. He was safe and sound in his own home. He felt a little guilt leaving Emerson behind but he tried to get rid of that thought in his mind. He told him to be strong without him.

He knew Seraphina would be looking for him. He instantly went out the door and started looking for her.

Author's Note:

Well uh, if anyone of you had read my other fiction work unOrdinary: Lost Ability then you would be glad to know that I have started writing the sequel. unOrdinary: Lost Ability 2 - Psychic.

https://www.wattpad.com/story/278664062?utm_source=android&utm_medium=link&utm_content=share_writing&wp_page=create&wp_uname=CyberLink963&wp_originator=IfQRmkBlG2UI8MCv%2B7Vhc%2F7zJsnZnSVrCKxWdkHXiHIXFWxg%2F1pKrh%2BOpIxUaGpBo37tWhEF%2B6jGo4uSL9mHSl6IXiEpek2g1A1bEXRjrDZ81izhYbo26FuogHgMzwZN

Give it a read if you want but it won't be updated as much as my main focus is THIS story.