The Meetup

Ink woke up from his sleep, well it was only around 4 hours but he'll take it.

He went into the shared kitchen with the other two sanses, they both looked so awake, while he looked tired, small eye bags under his eye sockets.

"Morning Ink! How was your sleep?" Dream asked him, grabbing a bowl of cereal off the counter.

"My sleep was great! I've got to go somewhere for a bit in around an hour."

"Oh! Where are you going then, Ink?" Swap questioned, eating a bowl of cereal at the table.

"It's private, is that okay? I'll be gone for around two hours or more." Ink said.

"Its okay! As long as you don't get hurt, just have breakfast or you are going to be hungry."

Ink got a bowl of cereal and sat down at the table and ate, the three of them ate in silence. The sound of a TV playing in the background playing some random show.

Ink got up from the table and went to lay on the couch. He was still tired and he had around 30-ish minutes until he had to go to Outertale.

"Ink, are you going to go get ready? You probably have to go soon don't you?"

"Yeah, I'm gonna go do that right now."

Ink got up and walked up to his room, he didn't get ready, he just laid on his bed

'Oh god I can't believe I'm actually going to talk with Error, what will the creators think? They are going to destroy me!' Ink thought nervously.

He was scared of anything happening to him, or the multiverse, or even Error, what are they going to do when something unintentional will happen, what if Outer sees them? Oh God their whole reputation will be ruined!

Ink rolled over in his bed and stared at his colourful wall littered in drawings. Art of him and his friends, landscapes, really anything to be honest. Even drawings of the bad sanses!

Ink sighed out loud, he probably should go, he grabbed a piece of paper and wrote 'I'll be back!' on it. He taped it onto his door and opened a portal. He hopped in and went directly to outertale, he went to the one ledge that he knows Error sits at a lot.

And of course, Error was sitting on the edge, looking off into the distance.

"Hey Error!" Ink said out of nowhere, scaring the crap out of Error.

"AH! W-who goes th-there?" Error panicked. "O-oh it's just you, squid."

"Jeez I didn't mean to scare you that much." Ink laughed.

"Shut up, just get over here, what did you even want to talk to me about?"

"Oh yeah, uhhh, this might sound weird but what do the destroyers do to you if you don't do your job?"

"Uhm that's kind of a personal question but ok," Error stuttered out. "They usually yell at me and tell me that I'm ho-horrible at my job."

"Oh. The creators do that to me as well, do you promise to keep this a secret?"

"Yeah, is that all yo-you wanted to say?"

"No there's still more, we are going to have to at least try and hide this from the others, the creators and the destroyers, okay?"

"Okay?" Error responded nervously.

"Do you want to have a truce? Or at least something like that. I've been overworking myself just to get a single AU done, it sucks."

"Wait you re-really want to have a truce with me?"

"Yes! You can destroy a few AUs from time to time but that means I won't create nearly as much as usual.

Error tried to hide the fact he was indeed, about to cry, he finally won't have to force himself to destroy an AU, but he let the tears slip.

'Oh fuck is he crying? Shoot, say something! Why aren't you doing anything??' Ink thought in a panic.

"C-crap, I'm crying, I'm so sorry it's just I'm glad I don't have to des-destroy anymore." Error said when he saw the panicked look on Inks face.

'Look at you, you can't even care for a single being, it's not like you even care, you can't.'

Error looked at Ink and smiled, it was a very small smile, but it meant everything. 'At Least he cares.'

"How did you know that I was kind of panicking?" Ink asked Error.

"Well I'm quite good at re-reading faces and body language I would say." Error laughs quietly.

"Never thought you would be the type to read faces and body language."

"H-hey! Shut up, that's a good thing, why are you complaining?" Error yelled annoyed.

Ink froze at that, he can't read any of that, why can Error? Why is he not perfect, why not him, why not him, WHY NOT HIM?!

Ink stiffened when he felt a pair of arms around him that belonged to Error, how was Error not glitching out of existence? Well let's say, Error is trying.

"I-I ca-can tell you are r-really stressed, it's okay." Error mumbled, so quiet you probably could barely hear it.

Why is Error even comforting him? Ink is a monster who can't feel anything, he doesn't deserve this kind of affection.

Hah.

It's hilarious how Error cares for Ink when Ink can't give two shits about his existence, Ink doesn't care about anything, really, he just doesn't show it.

But Ink still hugged back, it made him feel happy, in some way.

"Heh, sorry about that, I'm gonna have to leave in the next 30 minutes or Swap and Dream are going to get worried as hell." Ink laughed, pulling away.

"Wowww, do they let you do anything without getting worried?"

"I always have to tell them where I'm going! It's really annoying not gonna lie."

"Well, I guess this is goodbye then, hopefully the creators and destroyers aren't watching our every move! Truce?" Error asked, holding out his hand.

Ink grabbed his hand and shook it. "Truce."

They smiled at each other for a second and Ink opened a portal. "You gonna stay for a bit?" Error nodded, so Ink walked into the portal that had access to pretty much anywhere. "See you!" Ink yelled.

Finally, they were at peace, no more dumb arguments over whether to destroy a damn AU or not.

Maybe, this fight between the Star Sanses and Bad Sanses will be over, but that may take more than a little bit of convincing.