Chapter 7: Sally

Jared took Reyes to his classroom and gave him a hug before leaving him. Reyes sat down at his desk and started coloring some pictures to start the day. 
      Later on Mrs. Elizabeth started giving them books to read. But unfortunately Reyes doesn't know how to read at all. At his old school in the human world, he had trouble trying to read and write since    

           he was nervous telling his old kindergarten teacher for help and his father never cared about his education and never bought Children books for him when he was younger. Reyes opened a book and can't understand the sentences and the story in the book. Reyes closed the book and put his head down.

      Mrs.Elizibeth noticed him and walked to him asked, "Reyes why aren't you reading?"

Reyes didn't know how to explain it at first but he finally said, "I can't read."

Mrs. Elizabeth was surprised and asked, "you didn't even read a pre K book?

Reyes nodded no and said, "my old father in the human world never cared about me reading. He never buys a book for me to read. Even I asked he beats me up."

She was shocked and felt pain in her heart when Reyes said that.

She then sat next to him and helped him learn to read in the book he has. She started reading the first sentence and helps him learn the phonics of the letters.

Reyes tries to pronounce the phonics then Mrs. Elizabeth helps him say the word right.

Reyes then started to read a little and Mrs.Elizibeth smiles.

Later at lunch... Reyes grabs his tray of grub and sees Sally and her friends and went to sit with them.

"Hey Reyes." Sally said before hugging him.

Reyes blushed and hugs back which made her friends want to hug him as well.

They started eating but Sally kept treating him like a child that she puts a spoon of food in his mouth for him. But Reyes told her that he can do it himself. He started to scoot closer to her a little since he has a crush on Sally. She is only four years older than him and a fourth grader but she is the only friend that he talks to.
      Then Paul and Luke came in to get in line and they see Reyes and Sally having fun with her friends at their table. Paul wanted to do something for revenge but Luke stopped him and said, "Wait were on probation for a year remember since we can't pay the fine. If we attack him again we will be sent to Juvenile hall and be expelled."

"That human no fur is getting on my nerves since he's getting all the good attention from everyone." Paul said.

"I know man, same but we can't do it here. Since that cop is watching us right now and everyone is giving us dirty looks." Said Luke.

Paul and Luke got their lunches but then one of Sally's friends tripped them.

Paul and Luke landed in their food and everyone started laughing even Reyes. They got up an gave Reyes and Sally the evil eye before leaving the cafeteria.

During Recess, Sally teaches Reyes how to play four square with her friends. She gave Reyes the ball and he passed it to one her friends. Just then Reyes finnaly started to smile and have fun.

Meanwhile Paul and Luke try to plan something. Then Paul has an idea.

"I have an idea. How about we follow him and ambush him while he's alone. We might have to do a little spying to see where we can attack him." Said Paul.

"It won't be easy since that Wolf cop keeps watching him at school and at his house I bet." Said Luke.

"Well we have to try. We can beat him up and enjoy it. We just have to follow. And besides tomorrow is Saturday any so let's do it tomorrow." Paul explains.

"Ok then." Said Luke.

After School....

Jared saw Reyes and Lindsey coming to his car.

"Hey kiddo how is school?" He asked

"Really fun today, I made some friends. Her name is Sally."

"Oh, so you became friends with a girl? Impressive." Said Jared.

"Yeah well she's a little older and she likes to help him get better in the school life." Said Lindsey.

"I see, well get in Reyes, I got dinner waiting for us.
Oh! and Lindsey, you want to hang with us today?" Jared asked.

"Sorry I can't, I have to do night patrol today. But I can tomorrow since it's Saturday." Said Lindsey.

"That will be great! See you tomorrow honey." Jared said as he smiles and drives off home.

What they didn't know. Paul and Luke followed the car home on foot