CHAPTER 18 ( PART TWO )

Chapter Eighteen Part TwoEzra Holmes

Ezra Holmes

There was a breeze ruffling the leaves as I was staring at the makeshift ring in the backyard. The grass was mown to perfection around the makeshift ring, and the smell of rain still lingered in the air, as well as the earthy moist soil from the heavy flow of rain we had during the entire week.

I was seated on the hard hoards of the patio's steps, watching Storm and Rossi wrap tape around my hands and wrist.

Despite the rain we had, the sun was quite bright against my face and arms.

Archie was seated on one of the cushioned chairs on the patio, drinking a can of beer as he watches us get ready for the fight I have with Raya.

I steal a glance at her, seeing that her eyes were already on me. It was filled with mischief and confidence. Hell, she was always confident and that's one of the many things I liked about her.

"Raya is tough." Storm reminds me, biting off the tape after he had wrapped my entire hand and wrist with it. "Never underestimate her fighting abilities."

"She packs a good punch too." Rossi says, finishing off my left hand.

"The two of you speak out of experience, I hope. Any tips?" I ask them, inhaling the fresh air around me.

Storm's lips curve upward in a smile. "Don't blink."

Rossi chuckles, nodding in agreement at what Storm said. "I agree."

"Do I really have to fight her?"

Storm shrugs. "You always have a choice, brother. It's up to you to make the right one, unfortunately." He pulls me up from the steps and pats my back. "Good luck." He says, nodding his head.

I thank him under my breath, parading my way toward the makeshift ring. The grass stuck to my boots as well as the mud, but having mud on my shoes was the least of my problems right now.

Nikko lifts the rope for me and I climb underneath it and into the makeshift ring.

I couldn't even lean against the makeshift ring's rope. It was so flimsy, one wrong pull and the entire set-up would come crashing down, so I settled with holding my arms at my sides instead.

Raya traipses toward the ring, waiting for Nikko to lift the rope up for her before she climbs underneath it too. She smirks at me, winking at me so fast, I thought I was imagining things.

Nikko trudges towards the middle of the ring and clenches his left hand together, making a fist before he brings his hand to his lips, acting as if that was a microphone. "In the left corner we have the beautifully talented, best female hacker and crossbow shooter, Raya St Claire!" He announces, bowing down toward Raya and she curtseys, smiling at him, and adding in a bow.