CHAPTER 25

Chapter Twenty FiveEzra Holmes

Chapter Twenty Five
Ezra Holmes

I was pacing in the living room, waiting for Archie to come up with a strategy plan about what we're going to do about Raya and where to find her, but it has been about two hours already and no one has said a single word since.

Bear has been sulking in the corner, Storm was sitting on the couch, his elbows resting on his knees and his chin resting on both of his fists. The twins, Nikko and Junior were not talking at all, they were barely making eye contact with anyone. And Rossi...he just sat there against the wall of the living room, thinking of something to do when all of us knew that there wasn't anything we could actually do. We didn't have information about who took Raya or who drove the van, we didn't know who wanted her. Hell, we didn't even know if she was still alive or not.

The thought of someone hurting Raya made my heart burn. It also made me want to track down the guys who ever laid a finger on her and to kill them in the most gruesome way ever existed.

Where are you Raya?

I stop pacing almost immediately when a single thought occurred to me.

I was so caught up in every single possibility of who took her that I didn't even think about the one that made the most sense. The guys at the club wouldn't have taken her, they would have shot her on the spot. Waylon's second in command would have put a bullet in her head, too. They wouldn't have pulled a bag over her head, dragged her into a black van and just drove away.

But there's one person who would.

"I didn't say get close to the—" He didn't have to finish his sentence because I knew what he meant even before he had a chance to finish his sentence. "I didn't say get close to the girl."

Fucking hell.

He was at the club. Or he has sent one of his henchman to the club to spy on us.

His henchman most likely called him to tell him that I was having fun with Raya, took her to get to me, to prove a point.

I didn't say get close to the girl. I didn't say get close to the girl.

I didn—

I grab my phone lying on the coffee table, and make my way to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Bear asks. He didn't ask it out of curiosity, though.

"I'm going to try and find Raya." I tell him, placing my hand on the doorknob.

"And how the hell are you going to do that when you have no clue where to even begin?"

"Bear." Archie warns.

"No," he says to Archie, "he's supposed to be thinking about who could've taken her, but now he's on his way to leave? How the hell do I know he's not the one behind her kidnapping, because the second he came in here, he didn't even act all that concerned, and he didn't even—"