Chapter 4.

The following day, Diana woke up rather peacefully, and immediately she felt like something wasn't right, she'd d already gotten used to Punz' presence when she woke up. The girl decided to go downstairs, were she was greeted by George who was eating something, she didn't care enough to look at what it was though.

"They're waiting for you outside."

The youngen rushed outside, not knowing if she was supposed to have woken up earlier or not, and why she didn't get woken up.

As Diana got outside she noticed that it was just Dream, which she thought was pretty weird as George had used plural to mention she was being expected outside.

"Sorry," the girl excused herself as she walked up to Dream, stopping to stand in front of him, just like they'd done at her first trial.

The familiar man began walking towards the forest surrounding the hidden house, hastily followed by Diana.

"This training you'll be competing against Punz."

The girl gave her friend a confused look.

"It's a little game, training doesn't always have to be serious", the man in question explained himself.

Dream went on to explain the task.

"All you have to do is get out of this forest, to a safe place."

A safe place, meaning that the forest isn't safe.

"Despite what it seems though, this is not a task to test your speed."

If it's not for speed, than what is it for?

Diana's thoughts get interrupted as Dream stops walking, having come to a halt in front of an entrance to the woods.

"You may begin, Diana."

The girl could've sworn that she heard Dream say "Good luck," under his breath.

After just a few minutes of walking, the trees are so dense that she can no longer see the sky. Diana continues in a straight line, careful not to turn to the left or right so as not to go off track, the girl doubts she would be able to find her way back if she were to do so.

Busying herself wondering how she would recognize the safe place when she gets to it, the girl was so engrossed in her thoughts that she almost walked into a tree.

Stepping back a bit, the figure prepairs to continue her way, when she suddenly feels a sharp, crushing pain in her ankle and, cries out involuntarily.

The girl's leg is stuck in place and, the more she attempts to move it, the more unbearable the pain becomes.

Diana whirls to see what's happened, not even contemplating to move her leg until she knows for sure it's safe. 

Looking down to the ground, she sees something that appears to be something like a bear trap, albeit modified, cutting into her skin through her trousers. It seems to be built specifically for humans and, sharp enough to be excruciating, but not enough to cause sufficient injury to prevent one from being able to walk.

The others, perhaps it was Dream, obviously put this here to challenge the girl and, she'd bet that this wasn't the only trap they've set up.

Leaning down, Diana inspects the contraption, eventually finding a switch on the side, which she figured could be used to free herself. Blood pours from the punctures in her ankle as the girl finally moved her leg, before she rips off a strip of cloth from her shirt, using it to stem the blood flow.

Then Diana stands up and breaks off a branch off a tree, she could use it to hit the ground in front of her, and it would activate any hidden traps before she stands in any.