POV: Augustine

I drove by James' house on my way home from work, and wondered if I should go in. There was rust on his door and I could see his dad asleep on the couch through the window. I remembered it was prom night, and decided to drive past the school before heading home. I'm not sure why, I knew it'd kill me to see him with his girlfriend. I just wanted to see if he was there.

I was almost to the school, just at the end of its road. I was sat at a stop sign, when I realized the boy walking by my car was James.

I rolled my window down and said, "Get in the car". He got in and I told him we were driving to my house. He said that was fine, so we drove the rest of the way in silence.

When we got to my house I showed him around, and offered he sleep in my room instead of the couch where he was insisting he'd sleep. He said no and asked for something to drink, so we went back and fourth sipping on a bottle of wine. I was on my bed but James had stayed sitting on my bedroom floor. Apparently his girlfriend's name is Betty and she was slow dancing with a guy James is sure she has a thing with. He started crying and came onto my bed, where I held him for a few minutes. His arms felt so safe, his hair smelled so good. Like watermelon. When he pulled away, our faces were so close I couldn't breathe. We kissed, and kept kissing.

I crawled under the covers and he followed me, as we slowly removed each other's clothes in between each locking of our lips. I never needed anything more.

"Are you sure?" He asked, waiting to put his hands on me.

"Never have I ever before." I said, scared I wouldn't be as good as him. But I trusted James. I was ready, so I said yes.

-Saturday, 10am-

I woke up to James and I twisted in bed sheets, me cuddled up on his chest. His arms around me and his snoring. I didn't want this moment in time to ever end.

I decided to wake him up and ask if he wanted to go to the beach and have a picnic, and he said sure. But that after he has to go home. I agreed, and he kissed me on the forehead. That just confused me even more.

When we arrived at the beach, I leaned over and kissed his cheek. He asked what it was for, and I said "Just because. We're here, and we can." He smiled and nodded.

We laid out our towels and relaxed. I looked over at his back beneath the sun, wishing I could write my name on it. Wishing with everything that this wasn't a one time thing.

"Will you call when you're back at school?" I asked with hope in my voice.

Instead of answering, you rolled over and climbed on top of me. You gave me a kiss and said, "Let's get in the water." We didn't have swimsuits with us so we just took off our shirts and pants. We swam all day, and when the sun started to set I said we should shower and have dinner. James agreed, and so we did. We showered together and then I ordered us pizza, which arrived after 15 minutes. It was now 9:30pm and we had gotten back out the bottle of wine. I guess he was staying another night, after all.