POV: James

I woke up to Augustine and I twisted in bed sheets, her laying on my chest. I had dreamed about Betty the entire night. I needed to get back to her and talk about everything. 

"Good morning, do you want to go to the beach and have a picnic?" Augustine asked, lifting her head from my skin.

"Sure, after that I need to go home and do some things though." I said, trying to gently remind her of Betty.

"Yeah, of course." She said. "Let's go, I'll grab a couple towels and pack some snacks."

Before she walked out of her bedroom, I  kissed her on the forehead. Fuck, why did I do that? I'm just making things worse with everything I do.

When we got to the beach and laid down on the towels, she kissed me on the cheek.

"Just because. We're here, and we can." she said, with her bright smile.

I smiled back and nodded, rolling over onto my stomach. I laid there thinking of all the ways I could apologize to Betty and all the things she might say when I ask about Steven.

"Will you call when you're back at school?" Augustine asked, interrupting my thoughts.

I ignored the question and gave her a kiss instead. Something she could hold onto once I was gone in a few hours.

"Let's get in the water." I suggested, hoping we could swim instead of talk. We didn't have swimsuits so we took off our shirts and pants, ending up swimming all day. Suddenly the sun started to set and she suggested we shower and eat something. I agreed hesitantly, worried I wouldn't get back home today after all. We showered together and ate pizza, getting back out the bottle of wine that threw me onto the wrong path last night. I guess I'm staying another night, after all. She can't drive me with alcohol in her system, and Betty would understand that. She'd understand that right? Yeah. It'll all be fine.

After an hour of talking in the living room, we ended up in her bed and sleeping together again. She fell asleep on my chest, and I couldn't help but think how beautiful she looked laying there.