Chapter 1: Lipgloss

"Jungkookie. There you are, darling."

Jungkook groans when he heard the familiar feminine drawl coming from behind him. He slams his forehead on his arm that was resting on the table, completely uncaring of his date sitting right beside him.

"Is that your girlfriend?" The date in question, Lee Sana, whispers in his ear.

He shakes his head, still not looking up.

"Yes, I am!" The girl claiming to be his girlfriend says enthusiastically.

Jungkook groans again.

He feels small, lean hands touch the back of his neck and then sliding down to rub his shoulders. The warmth and gentleness of those hands feels familiar and though the knot in his shoulders quickly loosened because of it, Jungkook can't help but feel annoyed at the wonders its doing to his body.

"Go away, Chaeyoung." He murmurs.

"Sorry, Kookie but no. You promised we'd meet for dinner today." He can almost see the pout on her lips without even looking at her.

Jungkook breathes in deeply.

He made no such promises to her! She's the one who has been bugging him to eat together once a week and don't get him wrong, he could easily say no, but he'd much rather not be nagged at by his mother for ignoring Chaeyoung. The woman loves her too much.

Too unbothered and tired to argue back, Jungkook keeps his mouth shut, his face still buried in his arm.

He hears Sana clear her throat beside him, then there's some shuffling and the sound of her chair being dragged—she's probably leaving.

Just like the other girls, he thinks.

"I think I should leave." Yep, there it is. The guilt and regret in Sana's voice is something Jungkook is accustomed to by now. "I'm really sorry, by the way. I didn't know he had a girlfriend. I swear."

Jungkook opens his mouth to speak, "I don't—"

"It's fine. You can go now." Chaeyoung interrupts him. And he could hear the smile in her voice but Jungkook is not stupid. He knows that she's probably glaring daggers at the poor girl.

And then Jungkook hears Sana walk away.

He sighs. That's the third time this month that a girl walked out on him in the middle of a date.

The first time was the shy freshman from his study group. Her name was Miyeon—or was it Minyoung? He couldn't remember but all he knew was that the girl had confessed to him and he decided to try going out on a date with her just once. Obviously, Chaeyoung saw them at the campus cafe and decided to interrupt. Since then, the freshman didn't dare attend any more study group sessions.

The second time was with Seola, a pretty Psychology student who had approached him in the library and asked him if he wanted to hang out. Again, Chaeyoung saw them having lunch together at the IT building and you can basically guess what happened next.

But Jungkook was sure that this time no such thing would happen again. He had told Sana, when she had asked him out, to meet outside of campus but he really can't believe his luck right now! Chaeyoung must have placed a tracker on him or something because how could she have known they were at the mall instead.

Jungkook shudders. He should know by now that his lovelife will never work out with Park Chaeyoung in the way and he needs to do something ASAP.

But even he knows that it's hard to get rid of her. Believe him, he has tried.