Chapter 7: A Third Party

It's Jungkook's birthday week.

Not that he has been paying attention to the dates at all because obviously Chaeyoung was the one who had kept reminding him of it until it had basically stuck to his head.

She has been telling him for days now that she has something special for him planned and her gift for him would be the best gift he will ever receive in his twenty-one years of existence.

But Jungkook had only sighed and nodded to that because honestly the best gift right now would be to just take a long, long nap.

He hasn't been sleeping well lately because he was stressed about landing an internship at NetMarble aka South Korea's largest mobile-gaming company.

Actually, scratch the part where he said a good nap would be the best gift right now and replace it with getting hired at NetMarble.

Oh, he really, really wants that internship.

Jungkook sighs and quickly makes his way to class, deciding that he should worry about internship stuff only after he aces his class test today.

"Are you okay, sweetie?" Chaeyoung asks as she slides right beside Jungkook in the booth.

Jungkook nods his head and blinks slowly without looking at her. He was feeling very, very sleepy today after only sleeping for a mere two hours last night studying for his test and worrying about his internship.

He doesn't even remember that Chaeyoung had gone off to the ladies' and had only returned just now.

In fact, Jungkook doesn't remember many things that had happened today.

Like how he had agreed to have dinner with her tonight despite being so sleepy he could doze off right there on the table. Or that he had apparently ordered spicy rice cakes and dumplings until the waitress arrived with the food, surprising him a little.

"You don't look okay though." Chaeyoung says and Jungkook could barely register the frown in her voice as he carefully picks up a dumpling with his chopstick, his eyes blinking slowly to ward off his sleepiness then he pops the dumpling into his mouth.

At that point, he couldn't even stop his eyes from fluttering shut as he sighs blissfully and tiredly while chewing on the warm dumpling.

"Jungkookie.." Chaeyoung calls him gently again, tenderly touching his left arm that was resting on the table.

"Hmm?" Finally, he opens his eyes and tilts his head to look at her, still chewing.

She had an adorable expression on her face as she watches him with curious eyes, studying his expression until the corners of her mouth quirked up into a bright grin.

"You look so cute when you're sleepy," Chaeyoung giggles then reaches up to sweep the strands of hair that had fallen to cover his eyes.

Jungkook swallows the rest of dumpling thickly, his eyes now wide opened as he watches Chaeyoung play with the top of his hair, her teeth biting down on her bottom lip and her head tilt up, exposing her pretty neck to him.

He gulps, feeling something weighing down his chest and decides that it was probably an acid reflux from swallowing too fast so he turns his head back to the table, grabs a glass of water and downs it immediately.