Chapter 3: White Lies

Jungkook slumps in his seat on the couch as he releases a long exhale, relieved that he finally won the game.

"Motherfucker!" Jaehyun curses at him through his Bluetooth headphones. "You just cost me 200 bells, man!"

Jungkook smirks. "You should have watched your back then."

There is some shuffling in the background before Jaehyun responds. "Fuck you, Kook. Sincerely."

"What a sore loser." Mingyu chuckles.

Jungkook sighs amusedly then looks out the window to see that the previously light blue sky had already turned dusky orange.

The three of them had been playing War Harvest for almost half of the entire day. This has been their routine almost every other weekend for about two months now—if they can't meet up at a cyber cafe, they'll chat online and play games.

Unlike Jungkook who studies in SNU, Jaehyun and Mingyu are attending KU, so it's hard for him to meet up with his two friends. The three of them have been bumping fists since high school and although Jungkook only talks to Jimin most of the time now, he is still very close to the two.

"Whatever, I'm beat. I need a drink." Jaehyun says on the other line, begrudgingly. There's more shuffling heard in the background and then the sound of a can being opened.

Jungkook is still not done playing yet but before he could suggest they go for another round, his phone beeps on the couch, signalling a text message. He grabs his phone to check.

He sighs exaggeratedly then tosses his phone back on the couch beside him

"What's up, Kook?" Mingyu asks.

But Jungkook was too busy to respond, seeing that Chaeyoung decided to spam him with more texts, his phone beeping non-stop now. He takes the phone again into his hands and checks her messages.

"Um, Kook?" He hears Mingyu ask again but Jungkook only hums haphazardly as he tries to type a response to Chaeyoung

"Um, Kook?" He hears Mingyu ask again but Jungkook only hums haphazardly as he tries to type a response to Chaeyoung. He really sucks at multi-tasking when it comes to her. Perhaps because his whole attention is always focused on her when she's near. Not that Jungkook realises that, obviously.