Chapter 10: Love In The Library

Park Jimin has known Jeon Jungkook for almost three years.

He had met him when he used to work at a cybercafe during his freshman year and when he found out Jungkook was enrolling as an IT student in SNU, he had offered him a room in his apartment and well, suffice to say, the two became friends quickly after.

So within just three years, he managed to learn many of Jungkook's habits, likes and dislikes—like how Jungkook is actually an organised, neat freak who is obsessed with laundry detergents and scented candles. Or how Jungkook hates when he leaves his boots by the threshold instead of keeping them in the shoe cabinet. Or when Jungkook basically threatened to call his mother that one time he got so drunk, he didn't realise he had brought two girls home.

Okay so Jimin knows first hand how much of an anal-retentive jerkface Jungkook can be but seriously, who the fuck even cares?

Because sometimes it feels like he's rooming with his mother instead of a friend.

Case in point: Jimin is currently standing outside their apartment door, at almost an hour past midnight, scrambling to make sure he doesn't look out of place because he had just returned from clubbing with his former high school friends and he doesn't want Jungkook to see what a mess he looks like right now.

Sure, he hasn't had much to drink but he would rather not be under the judgemental gaze of Jeon Jungkook.

He's so fucking intimidating. Jimin shudders.

When he was sure he looks a little proper, he gingerly keys in the code to unlock the door before quickly opening it and walking inside.

This time, he makes sure to keep his boots properly in the shoe cabinet. Once he was done, he tiptoes through the hallway and into the living room.

He immediately notices that it's dark and empty which probably means Jungkook was already in bed. Sighing in relief, Jimin takes his time to walk into his own room.

Until a sharp sound of something dropping to the floor catches his attention and Jimin snaps his head to look at where it had came from.

And when he does, his eyes had almost bulged out of his head and his mouth dropped open because the kitchen is in a mess—with empty plastic shot glasses littered on the floor, two soju bottles on the table and a pair of socks strewn by the fridge.

And there sat Jeon Jungkook, as in anal-retentive jerkface Jeon Jungkook, drunk and completely out of his mind.

"What the fuck?" Jimin curses as he looks at his roommate who had his head on the table, cheek squished and mouth opened. "Jungkook? Hello?"

At his greeting, Jungkook looks up and smiles brightly at him.

"Jim.. Jimin-hyung!" Jungkook laughs and waves at him from the kitchen table. "You're back!"

Jimin takes note of the obviously drunk flush painting Jungkook's cheeks and the way the younger man had a goofy lopsided smile on his face as he looks at him. This is so un-Jungkook of him.

Something must have happened, Jimin thinks.

Sighing, he walks closer to his roommate and grabs the half-full bottle of soju on the table.

"Nooooooo. Haven't finished that one yet," Jungkook whines and Jimin would laugh at how ridiculous he sounds but right now, he's just worried for his friend.

"Why the fuck are you drinking on a school night?" He snaps then watches as Jungkook frowns and looks away.

"Why nooooot?"