Chapter 5: Big Trouble

"Hyung!" Jungkook yells. "Open the door!"

The apartment doorbell has been ringing for almost an entire minute non-stop now and normally Jungkook would open the door himself, but he's too busy cutting up slices of tofu and scallions in the kitchen.

"Fuck off!" Jimin yells back but Jungkook could hear his roommate scrambling to his feet from the living room anyways. "Don't scream at me!"

Aren't you screaming now too? Jungkook rolls his eyes then resumes cutting up more ingredients.

He has been in the kitchen cooking for the past half an hour or so. Usually, he would just order takeout for himself but Chaeyoung is coming over for their weekly dinner and he thinks eating in would save him a lot more money.

She had been bugging him for so long since he first moved in with Jimin to let her see his apartment but it only took him until now to finally invite her over.

Jungkook can't seem to say no as much as he usually would anymore, especially since finding out about Jaehyun a few nights back. Perhaps a part of him thinks that it's because he still feels terrible for whatever happened a few years ago and this is his way of making it up to her.

Not to mention he had also kissed her.

Jungkook feels his face heat from the memory and he wills himself to focus on the task at hand but the scenes from that night kept replaying over and over again in his head.

They had gone back to her apartment that night to eat his cup noodles and much to Jungkook's relief, Chaeyoung had acted just as she usually would without making any weird comments about the kiss.

He had wondered why she was the calm one out of the two of them, especially since she's the one who had asked for the kiss. It made him a little annoyed too because she should be the one flustered and not him.

Come to think of it, he has never seen her blush before. Does she even really have a crush on him or is it the other way rou—No. Definitely not. He interrupts himself before he could even think of finishing that sentence.

And Jungkook had been way too focused on his own thoughts that he didn't realise or hear footsteps coming towards him from behind.

Until he feels a pair of slender arms slide around his waist and then a body snuggling against his back.

A very, very soft body. Fuck.

Jungkook tenses up almost immediately.

He doesn't need to turn around to know who it was because there is only one answer.

Chaeyoung.

"Hi, cutie." She murmurs against his back, a bright smile in her voice. "What are you cooking?"

Jungkook clears his throat then starts chopping up more ingredients as expertly as possible.

"Kimchi stew," he says in a low voice and this time, doesn't make any moves to push her away from him as he usually would.

His casual response causes her to smile and she tightens her arms around him, rubbing her nose at the back of his neck slightly.

"You smell so good." She giggles.

Jungkook feels his face flush even harder at the compliment, suddenly feeling a little giddy inside.

He silently thanks himself for putting on some cologne after his shower and mentally takes note to only use the same brand from this day forward.

"No PDA in my kitchen!" Jimin bellows from behind them.

"Go away, oppa," Chaeyoung sticks out her tongue cutely at him, but her arms were still wrapped around Jungkook. "You're just jealous."