[ 𝟏𝟗 ]

(bye im basing adonia's mom off of my grandma- 🏃‍♀️)

-- ADONIA'S POV --

when you think about waking up, you wouldn't necessarily think your mom would bust into your room, yelling "wake the fuck up, i made breakfast and i'm really proud of it, so get up and eat it this instant!"

if you do, i'm a bit concerned. you okay? do you need help? are you alright?

anyway. 

i was eventually walking downstairs slowly, trying very hard not to fall asleep at the moment. 

"where's the food?" i mumbled, voice still slightly slurring.

"oh i was lying, i just wanted you downstairs."

...

"mom."

"yes?"

"what the fuck." my mom just laughs and takes a bite out of an english muffin, handing me one that has already been buttered. i, slightly frustrated, took a bite out of it, sitting myself down on a stool at the island. 

"your school called." my mother says, taking a sip of coffee. i roll my eyes.

"is it because of dress code? or the detentions i skipped? listen, i have a streaming thing to take care of i don't have time for-"

(bold is diwata {adonia's mom} italics is adonia underlined is the principal)

"i'm not mad, and i don't blame you. i don't necessarily 'approve' of you skipping detention, but the school's dress code is absolute bullsh- crap. so i'm going to be going with you to head over there and talk to the principal. so get ready, we leave in 10." my mom says, throwing an apple at me. i catch it quickly and run back up to my room, throwing the apple onto my bed and picking out an outfit quickly.

(right now adonia doesnt have the shoes on- if yall wearing shoes in the house wtf my parents never let me wear shoes in the house

(right now adonia doesnt have the shoes on- if yall wearing shoes in the house wtf my parents never let me wear shoes in the house.)

i put on a black bucket hat as well and pick my apple back up, taking a bite out of it. i push the door open and walk out of my room, walking back downstairs to my mom. 

"you ready to go?" she asks, swinging a purse over her shoulder. i nod and take another bite out of my apple, walking towards the garage with my mom. walking through the laundry room first, i pick up a pair of black high top converses and my backpack while my mom opens the garage. i put them on, frantically hopping to keep my balance.

"just wait until you get in the car to put your shoes on, anak." my mom says, rolling her eyes at me. i huff in frustration as i had just put on a shoe but continued to walk with one shoe on and the other in my hand.

"i'm not a child, mom."

"well you sure act like one." she says, unlocking the car. she hops into the drivers seat and i go around to sit in the passenger seat, opening the door. i put my backpack on the floor and slide in, closing the door. she started up the car and pulled out of the driveway, and i took out my phone and started dm'ing james.