Chapter 8

The three of them waded on to the white sandy beach of the island, Olivia and Jack throwing away the ropes that tied their hands and carrying their things.

Jack looked at the Pearl sailing away into the far distance, "That's the second time I've had to watch that man sail away on my ship."

Jack was sitting on the soft, white sand and checking his pistol while Elizabeth and Olivia were walking towards him in silence from a distance. The two girls looked out into the ocean as a sea breeze blew by them, cooling their warm bodies. They tried not to think about what is going to happen to Will, instead concentrating on finding a way to get out of this god forsaken spit of land.

They reached where Jack was sitting and looked in the direction opposite to where they were walking and saw their own footprints: they had walked the circumference of the island.

Without even looking at the two, Jack spoke, "It's really not all that big, is it?"

They turned to him to see that he was still occupied with his pistol.

Elizabeth quietly said in a resigned voice to the man she's falling for, "If you are going to shoot me, please do so without delay."

Olivia looked at her in surprise; surely Elizabeth didn't think that Jack would kill her?

Jack finally looked at the two.

Placing his hands on his knees with one hand holding the pistol lightly, he asked her, "Is there a problem between us, Miss Swann?"

The way he said 'Miss Swann' sent tingles down her spine.

Her cheeks reddened slightly while she leaned forward a little and forced herself to speak sternly on behalf of Will, "You were going to tell Barbossa about Will in exchange for a ship."

Olivia raised an eyebrow at Jack as both she and Elizabeth listened to what he has to say.

He indignantly responded, annoyed with having being stranded on this island because of Will, "We could use a ship. The fact is I was going to not tell Barbossa about bloody Will in exchange for a ship because as long as he didn't know about bloody Will, I had something to bargain with. Which now no one has. Thanks to bloody, stupid Will."

Realizing that what he said makes sense and that she had jumped to conclusions without hearing what he had to say, she looked down in embarrassment, "Oh."

Jack stood up, and, tucking his pistol in his belt, mocked, "Oh."

Olivia on the other hand, was annoyed that he called Will stupid and spoke angrily, "Hey! Will is not stupid! He just did that to save us! Not that you did anything, Mr Jack Sparrow!"

He turned to her, exasperated with them blaming him for their predicament and defending Will's idiotic actions, "Firstly, its 'Captain' Jack Sparrow. Secondly, what did you expect me to do when all of us were surrounded with Barbossa's cursed crew with no weapons in hand?"

Olivia rolled her eyes at his reasons as Elizabeth added, "It's exactly as Olivia said! He still risked his life to save ours!"

He turned to her and rolled his eyes, "Ha!"

He then walked away with the two girls running after him.

Olivia fumed," So we have to do something to rescue him!"

He turned, irritated, "Off you go then", he flicked his hands at the vast ocean, "Let me know how that turns out."

He turned back to the trees and strode away with the two girls following.