Chapter 9

Olivia and Elizabeth anxiously watched Norrington and his men board the boats with Jack and row away to Isla de Muerta.

Just then 3 soldiers and Lieutenant Gillette came up behind them and, grabbing their arms, dragged them away to a cabin.

Olivia struggled in their grasp, "Hey! What the hell do you think you're doing ?!"

Gillette simply replied, "Sorry, but this is for your own safety."

Having second thoughts about hiding the fact that the Pearl's crew is cursed from Norrington, Elizabeth screamed, "Coward! The Commodore ordered? I have to tell him! The pirates! They are cursed! They cannot be killed!"

The soldiers pushed the two girls inside the cabin and left, leaving Gillette to mockingly respond to their frantic protests, "Don't worry, miss, he's already informed of that. A little mermaid flopped up on deck and told him the whole story."

He then left, locking them inside.

Olivia looked around for something to use to escape from the window while Elizabeth looked out of it to see whether there are any boats they can use.

Luckily, Olivia found some bedsheets which they tied up to make a long rope and Elizabeth spotted a lone boat on the water below. Hearing Elizabeth's father lean on the cabin door and speaking to them, they quickly tied the rope to a bed post and threw it out the window. Climbing out of the window, Olivia hung on to the rope and slid down into the boat. After Elizabeth got in, they started rowing towards the Black Pearl to get Jack's crew to help them save Will.

Reaching the Black Pearl, the two girls slowly climbed up on board after making sure that the only two pirates still on the ship were below deck. As they were looking around the deck, Jack the monkey suddenly dangled down from a rope, frightening the life out of them.

Olivia narrowed her eyes at the monkey before glancing at Elizabeth who got the implication. Elizabeth grabbed the monkey and threw it overboard where it fell onto a cannon below deck with the loud noise of bone hitting metal. Leaning over the railing, they peered down and saw the two pirates they earlier noticed, looking down, searching for the cause of the loud noise.

The two girls withdrew and ran below deck to find Jack's crew and get out of the Pearl. They ran down, halting near the storage room to let the two pirates go up on deck, before continuing down where they saw the crew behind bars.

Seeing them, Mr Gibbs exclaimed in delight, "It's Elizabeth and Olivia!"

Freeing Jack's crew, they slowly snuck behind the pirates and pulled on the ropes holding the long boat, swinging it across the ship and throwing the two pirates overboard.

As they came out of the shadows and into the shimmering moonlight, they cheered, "Hurray!"

Elizabeth and Olivia rushed forward to the boat, Olivia speaking to the crew, "All of you with us. Will is in that cave and we must save him."

They both grabbed onto the ropes tying the boat to the ship and spoke, "Ready? And heave!"

It was quiet behind them and the boat did not move.

So they turned around to face the silent crew.

Desperate to save Will, they pleaded, "Please, we need your help! Come on!"

Cotton's parrot croaked, "Any port in the storm."

Mr Gibbs glanced at the parrot and, gesturing at the ship, said, "Cotton's right. We've got the Pearl."

Raising her eyebrows, Elizabeth asked, "And what about Jack? You're just going to leave him?"

Keeping a flat face, Olivia observed the crew as Marty responded, "Jack owes us a ship."