4|Nosy Parker

Clearing of the throat alerted Noah to Anna's presence. She was wearing a crop top blouse and a matching skirt. While her blouse was a little revealing her skirt swept her ankle.

Something about the contradiction was refreshing and appealing. The little skin being shown at her stomach was especially enticing.

Noah had no idea he was staring until she cleared her throat once again and snapped her fingers. He gave her an icy mint. An expression of confusion crossed her face as she looked at the mint. Him did a try be fass. Feisty.

"I would like to ask you a favor." Anna said monotonously, better to just get it out. Noah nodded his head in indication that he was listening.

"Can Aaron and I stay here for the next three months please?" she rushed out before the confidence she garnered slipped away.

She studied his face. The man looked, perplexed. She did nothing wrong. It wasn't too much to ask. Not that she wanted a reward for taking care of Maggie but it warranted acknowledgment if he was going to be rude.

He probably thought she was after his money or seeking a hand out. "It would only be until I find a new job and can afford our own place." She added to ensure he knew that she had no desire to stay with him any longer than these three months. She had too much pride to sponge.

"Where is his father?" Noah spoke up this time. He was curious as to whether or not the other man was in the picture. If he was then why not stay with him? She might not have the best relationship with him. Noah knew all about things like that.

"He died before Aaron was born." Anna had always had a hard time talking about Paul's death; she never quite got over it. He was the last family she had left, and then Aaron came along. He was the best thing to ever happen to her in the last six years.

"Okay, stay." Noah was sorry that the little boy never got the chance to meet his father. Noah himself knew exactly what that felt like. A part of him was happy however, happy that he had no competition for Anna.

Anna was grateful for his kindness and threw herself at him. It was outside of her character and she had no idea why she did it. He had turned away from her so she wrapped her hands around his middle hugging his back.

"But si ya! Tongue cut cross way and mouth nuh have no bone." An elder lady's voice could be heard from the door. They were standing in the kitchen.

Collective groans could he heard between Noah and Anna. Anna quickly separated from Noah and went to stand at the sink whereas Noah was by the fridge.

"A you dat tingly?" Noah cringed as he heard the old nickname. One he gained from running around naked as a three year old. Maggie had told the story so many times the whole community knew and Ms. Pam was sadly no exception.

"Yuh get big man." The old lady continued "Mi memba wen you was li-kkle tadpole." The lady was an unwelcomed guest, however she always barged right in opened the fridge and took food. Maggie was the only one who could have told her off.

Ms. Pam held tomatoes in one hand and a scandal bag in the other. "Anna mi dear, yuh coudin buy no sweet peppa?" the lady mumbled as she took her time cleaning out the place. Once she had tomatoes, onions, scotch bonnet peppers, garlic and the remaining lettuce in her bag the old lady took a seat.

Everybody knows that once Ms. Pam tek seat a people business she bout fi chat. "Anna you issa nice girl, yuh deserve a nice genkle man inna yuh life. Mi hear seh Bradley wife lef him fi Mas Tatah bwoii, and di two a unuh can start chat. Heheayy unuh woulda mek pretty baby." The old lady was laughing at a joke only she thought was funny.