10|conflict

What the hell do you mean?" Anna was furious, outraged and beyond fucking pissed. Noah had invited her out to a staff party and some idiot had groped her and threatened to rape her.

She proceeded to kick him in the balls and telling him to go fuck himself and suck on her dick. Noah however, didn't approve of her outburst and her anger skyrocketed to a whole new level.

"Fuck you and all your friends if you think that shit was cool." She stomped into their room and angrily got ready for bed.

She was staying in here only because Marlon took her bed and she didn't mind sleeping close to Noah. She took a pillow from the bed and dragged a sheet behind her. If he thinks he can hold her after the shit that went down he was sadly mistaken.

She would not let him near her until he apologized and actually pretended to care. "Nuh know who di rass yuh a deal wid cause a nuh dis bitch." She mumbled as she headed to the living room. She would sleep on the sofa tonight.

Aaron was staying at a friend's house and would come home in the morning, meaning she didn't have to worry about him hearing her. "Weh yaw guh?" Noah blocked her way to the living room looking equally as furious as her.

"Move." She growled. She was no push over and she was not scared of him or his temper. He was so lucky prison was not in the cards for her. She pushed him "Yuh betta move outa mi way if yuh know was good fi yuh!" She pushed harder but Noah refused to move.

He caught his hand in hers. "Why yuh a mek a big deal bou dis?" Noah's question only served to infuriate her further. "Wah the fuck you mean? Di bredda slapped mi pon mi batty and seh him would a love fi live inna mi. Kicking and screaming. Those were his exact words and it's no big deal?"

She successfully pushed past him and went to make her bed on the sofa. He didn't stop her and he didn't push the conversation. This made Anna boil with sadness because she needed him to at least be on her side.

She needed him to say that she was right for what she did. She didn't care about his coworkers, she cared about his opinion only.

He wasn't giving her the reaction she craved desperately for. She wanted him to stick up for her.

All her life she has been wanted and accepted for just her body. When Noah came into her life and took things slow with her she thought he actually cared.

Fat, sorrowful tears rolled down her cheeks. She cried herself to sleep. Tomorrow would be a new day for her and she would tell him the news she had for him; whether he liked it or not.

Noah woke up to the smell of cola tea and bacon. Anna was probably no longer angry. He made his way to the kitchen. She was leaning over the stove and serving some bacon into a plate that also contained hash browns and ripe plantains. She must be in a good enough mood.

"Good morning." Noah greeted her and she took a look at him and hissed her teeth. Definitely still angry. He sat at the island waiting and watching her. She served him food and his tea.

He made sure she was eating before he touched his. She was probably angry enough to poison him. When Anna was done eating she cleared her throat to get his attention. "I was planning to tell you last night but" she cleared her throat again "Anyway, I got a job and I start training on Monday."

She watched his reaction and waited for him to speak. He nodded and she was disappointed, no congratulations? She continued with her announcement. "I found a house, the rent is cheap and..." She didn't get to finish as Noah rose from him seat quickly throwing it back.

"No!" he shouted before he could think.

He didn't want her to leave, didn't want to lose her or Aaron. "Yuh have everything yuh want right here suh. Weh yuh a guh?" He knew he should have defused the situation from last night and now she was leaving him.

He was dreading it and he didn't know what to do. He stormed out. She probably should have poisoned him. He would have taken it better. He knew stupid Ralph would have soiled his chances with her.

He didn't think she was wrong for hitting him; he was proud of her. Ralph Burton however, was a big sponsor to his firm and he couldn't just tell her 'good job' where colleagues were present. Good as he was at his job he could still lose it and he worked so hard for it. He didn't want to have to choose between his job and Anna.

Getting to work a full hour earlier than usual he had no idea what to do. He was walking towards his office when he overheard a conversation.

"...nice ass she got too. Can't believe Noah had her stashed away for himself." One person said while the other cackled as if what he said was hilarious. "So did you really tell her you would rape her?" the second person asked.

The reply came almost instantly. "Kicking and screaming. I would bang her brains out." Noah had enough. Nobody should talk about a woman like that and especially not Anna. Not his sweet Anna. He marched into his boss's office and grabbed a sour mouthed Ralph by his collar.

The first punch was just a test. The series of thumps after that was because he grew angrier as the conversation replayed in his head. "You" punch "messed" thump "with" punch "the" before he could administer the next blows he was pulled away "Wrong one motherfucker!" he shouted spitting in Ralph's face he shock the security guards off him.

He was sure he lost his job but he didn't regret it. Not yet at least. That was crazy of him to do, he was never the type to fight. He drove home. Anna was outside in her garden when he got there. She seemed puzzled to see him home so soon.

He headed straight for her; determination in every step. When he got to her he took her head into his hands and kissed her as if his life depended on it. Somehow it did. He needed her now more than ever and he could not let her walk away from him.

Anna was shocked but gave in to him. Like she had a choice, he was just so very tempting and unpredictable. She was still angry though, which gave her the strength to pull away and slap him across the face.

"Wah yuh think yaw do?" she breathed out and she patted herself on the back for sounding so composed. Noah laughed, he deserved that. He made her feel as if he didn't care. She probably needed him to tell her that he supported her and thought she was one of the strongest women he had ever met; because she was.

"Mi deserve dat. I'm sorry for last night." He searched her eyes for a reaction and, nothing. "I wasn't there for you in the way that you needed me to be and am sorry." He stated sincerely and he waited again for her reaction but nothing.

"Please forgive me." He chanted repeatedly dropping small kisses all over her face. She didn't flinch or move away, she showed no response either.

"I'm glad you came home early." She finally spoke. "Aaron and I are leaving today as soon as he gets home from school. Since you are home we don't have to wait to say our goodbyes."

Noah felt as if he was losing his mother all over again. The pain of Anna leaving struck deep and he had no idea what to do or say to make her stay. He messed up this time. He really messed up.

"Goodbye." Anna said softly as she made her way back into the house and to the bathroom where she could mope in peace.