Chapter 31

Ye Jin breathed a sigh of relief when they finally managed to sit down just before the train started moving. The preparation for their trip from grandmother's house was really challenging because of many things. First, Ye Jin's grandmother suddenly wanted to go along with them to Jeju, which of course was immediately forbidden by Ye Jin's mother who was worried about her health. Then there was Ye Jin's mother who wasn't completely sure Ye Jin could go to Jeju with so many risks that could trigger her panic attacks. Luckily Ye Jin managed to convince her mother that she wouldn't set her expectations too high and would try to keep her emotions under control during the trip.

The last problem was again caused by Ye Jin's grandmother who kept trying to keep them in Daegu longer.  It seems that Grandma is really fascinated by Hyun Bin that she couldn't stop praising the man who is now sitting next to Ye Jin. Everything that Hyun Bin did, her grandmother would gaze at him with eyes full of admiration. Ye Jin was feeling ashamed because of grandmother's honesty in expressing everything she felt.

Ye Jin glanced at Hyun Bin who was checking his cellphone, Grandma was right when she said that Hyun Bin looked very handsome in that leather jacket

Ye Jin glanced at Hyun Bin who was checking his cellphone, Grandma was right when she said that Hyun Bin looked very handsome in that leather jacket. Especially after five years have passed, Hyun Bin looks taller and more mature. Ye Jin watched his long fingers moved quickly as he typed a text message, until the gleam on his left finger shifted her focus. Her heart seemed to stop when Ye Jin realized that Hyun Bin was still wearing their couple ring.

Hyun Bin suddenly hung up his cell phone and put it in his jacket pocket as he turned to Ye Jin, "Are you okay?"

The question he always asked to make sure Ye Jin was always comfortable brought up so many memories. Ye Jin turned her gaze out the window while muttering softly, "I'm fine."

Hyun Bin then busied himself organizing their luggage and looking around. Ye Jin could feel her nervousness as they ended up sitting alone, next to each other for the next 8-9 hours. Let it be awkward, Ye Jin thought, she agreed to come to Jeju to find Chul Soo, not to make up with the father.

Hyun Bin seemed to respect Ye Jin's reluctance to make small talk until Ye Jin took the medicine from the bag and looked for the mineral water. Quickly,Hyun Bin took a bottle of mineral water and opened it for Ye Jin.

"May I see?"  Hyun Bin asked for the medicine bottle while holding out his hand.

Ye Jin handed it to him without comment, only watching as Hyun Bin looked at the medicine name and copied it on his cell phone. "Just in case you run out at any time," he said, handing the pill bottle back.

"Do you have to take this every day, or just after... a panic attack like yesterday...?"  Hyun Bin asked carefully.

Ye Jin considered whether she should respond to Hyun Bin's question or not. But because in the next few days they will be spending time together and Ye Jin might relapse again, it seemed that Hyun Bin's question was still within reasonable limits.  After all, he must understand because he had also been on medication for his depression years ago, right?