𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞: 𝒄𝒐𝒍𝒐𝒓𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒔𝒏𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔, 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒊𝒂𝒈𝒆𝒔, 𝒑𝒓𝒐𝒕𝒆𝒔𝒕𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒄𝒂𝒓𝒔𝒕𝒂𝒊𝒓𝒔

Dahlia was forced to help Anna set up for her tea party with Cordelia the next day. 

According to the rumors Dahlia had overheard;  James had been discovered wandering about Tatiana Blackthorn's gardens, having merrily smashed in all her windows and terrified her and her daughter by racing drunkenly about her lawn.

Dahlia had nearly died of laughter, when she heard it. She would have protested, but who was she to say that it didn't happen? It wasn't like she was there, but if she knew James like she thought she did, he would have been leading a swarm of ducks behind him. 

Will had discovered Dahlia behind Matthew and made sure to yell at the boys in Welsh for breaking his window and letting James go, but he had softly told Dahlia to go to Lucie's room and as her if she knew where her brother had gone. Dahlia had kept her secret fo Lucie sneaking out, for she had not found Lucie but pretended that Lucie was in the middle of changing so WIll had not knocked for her.

Dahlia and the Merry Theives were sent home in carriages while the Enclave searched for the lost Herondale. Dahlia wasn't aware of what had happened until today morning.

Christopher had sent her a letter that James had been found but Matthew had nearly torn the institute apart brick by brick in search of him.

Anna was in the process of kicking out a girl named Evangeline. Dahlia had thought she was a bit clingy compared to Anna's other affairs, she wasn't in the slightest bit disappointed when Anna decided she was done with Evangeline, it made sense by now to Dahlia. She had learned not to get too close to Anna's ladies, usually they leave in the span of three months if they are lucky. 

Dahlia was always portrayed as Anna's closest cousin, to avoid any confusion with people.

Dahlia was boiling the water, and rummaging the cupboards for tea flakes, when Anna walked downstairs. The kitchen had brightly painted walls and a small window that looked out onto the brick facade of the building opposite.

"Dahlia, darling, is the tea ready?" she called. Dahlia rolled her eyes. "Anna, for the love of the Angel, just attend to Daisy I have the tea under control." 

Anna made a noise of amusement, "Last time you nearly burned aunt Charlotte's kitchen down." 

"It was mindless stirring Anna, now leave me be or I will burn down your kitchen." Dahlia threatened.

Anna seemed mildly alarmed.

After a few moments someone walked in. "I see that you're examining Percival," said Anna. "Spectacular, isn't he?"

Percival was a vibrantly colored stuffed snake with two heads that Anna adored.

"He's certainly brightly colored," said Cordelia.

"He was a love gift. I never do court dull girls." Anna said. Dahlia came out of the kitchen with a flourish. Cordelia made a sound of surprise.

"Dahlia! You're here! Oh-" she started. Dahlia waved her hand airly, placing the tray on the table. "Yes, yes. Now I would like to join the conversation. What have I missed?"

"We were just admiring Percival, my dear." Anna said, Dahlia smiled.

"Did that woman call you 'sir'?" said Cordelia curiously. "Did she think you were a man?"

"Possibly." Anna flicked her cigar into the fireplace. "Best to let people believe what they want to believe, in my experience."

She threw herself onto the sofa. No braces held up her trousers, but unlike the men for whom they were tailored, she had hips, and the trousers hung from them, clinging close to her slight curves.