𝐯𝐢. 𝐒𝐎 𝐈𝐓 𝐆𝐎𝐄𝐒 - 𝒊'𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒌𝒆𝒆𝒑, 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒊'𝒎 𝒚𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒕𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒔𝒆

Dahlia had run straight to the ballroom without an other thought, tears already streaming down her cheeks, her hair falling out of its pins as she ran.

She threw the door open, the familiar scent of wood, brandy and lilies floated through the room. Dahlia breathed in deeply in an attempt to hold on to any comfort.

She didn't know how to respond to any of what had happened in the carriage.

She fell down on her knees in the center of the room, tears fell from her eyes like drops of moonlight.

Matthew ran in after her, "Dahlia!" he called. Dahlia turned to look at him with teary eyes.

His face twisted into heart break, he sat down next to her. "Don't cry, Dahlia. Please don't cry." he murmured, wiping her tears.

She stood up abruptly. "Matthew stop it! Stop pretending you care!" she cried. 

Matthew stood up, it was a swift motion of fury. "Dahlia, I say a lot of things, sometimes I do not mean them, but I would never lie about my affections for someone." he said lowly.

Dahlia glared at him. "So you do not love Cordelia then?"

Matthew's gaze flattered.

"See! I do not want to hurt you Matthew, oh Angel, it's the last thing I'd want to do! But you love her and I will never be her!" Dahlia exclaimed, her voice rising.

Matthew slowly closed the doors to the ballroom and looked at her evenly with blazing green eyes from the doors.

"Your right. You will never be her, and I find that to be another thing I adore about you."

Dahlia screamed in frustration.

"Matthew! Stop, stop stop! Figure out what you feel for Daisy, don't hurt us both!" she yelled. Matthew's eyes flared.

"Are you not listening to me? I do not love her! Not as much as I lo-" 

Dahlia threw a flower pot on the ground.

"Do not say you love me. Matthew Fairchild, do not say you love me." Dahlia warned, looking at him with her burning blue eyes.

Matthew glared at her. "What else do you want me to say!? I hate you? I adore you?? I LOVE YOU DAHLIA!" he yelled.

She staggered back. She was crying again, Dahlia Bridgestock, who never cried in front of anyone was crying in front of Matthew Fairchild. For the third time.

"No you don't." she whispered, almost trying to reassure herself. 

Dahlia wouldn't admit she was scared. Scared of giving someone else her heart, her being, her soul. It terrified her.

"I do. I know what I feel Dahlia, I am not five years old." Matthew said.

"NO YOU DON'T!" Dahlia burst, falling down again her head in her hands.

"Dahlia, angel, I love you. Every beat of my heart belongs to you. Every breath I take is for you. I am yours." Matthew said, softly. The room was dead silent, except for Dahlia's sniffles and harsh breaths.

"Matthew don't. You love her! I know you do, don't even deny it!" 

"I love her, you are correct, but I do not love her the way I love you." he said quietly.

Dahlia looked at him with furious blue eyes. He looked at her with his mesmerizing green ones.

"You say that now, you say you love me, you say I mean something to you, then when you see Cordelia it is as if the world disappears." she said.