𝐱𝐢𝐢𝐢. 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐋𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 - 𝒕𝒂𝒌𝒆 𝒎𝒆 𝒕𝒐 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒍𝒂𝒌𝒆𝒔 𝒘𝒉𝒆𝒓𝒆 𝒂𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒑𝒐𝒆𝒕𝒔 𝒘𝒆𝒏𝒕 𝒕𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒆

"Would you stop that!?" Dahlia yelled at Matthew who was currently angrily throwing pillows all over the bedroom.

"The pithios is in someone else's possession, none of us know where it is, the world may as well be ending! James will never forgive me now." Matthew whispered, throwing a pillow into the fireplace.

Dahlia stared at the pillow burning mournfully.

"And you need to burn my pillows for that?" she inquired, laying a gentle hand on his bent figure.

Matthew was like an ocean; calm at the surface but full or currents and wild waters underneath.

"Yes." Matthew responded curtly.

Dahlia dropped down on her knees in front of him so they were eye-level. "Look at me Math. It's not you fault-"

"I was home Dahlia, I should have-"

Dahlia cupped his face and lowered her head down so their foreheads were touching.

"Math. The weight of the world does not lay on your shoulders darling," she whispered. "We'll bear the weight together if you're so adamant."

Matthew closed his eyes. "What did I do to deserve you?"

Dahlia laughed shortly. "I don't deserve you."

Matthew's eyes flew open. "Don't you dare, for a second, think that you don't deserve love Dahlia. You deserve all the world can give, not me. I-I am only half a man, how could you possibly love me?"

Dahlia kissed him gently. "Because to me you are whole." she whispered against his mouth.

"Dahlia-" his voice came out strained, his hands finding her hips.

She slowly drew him up, her hands finding his collar. Dahlia didn't know how it happened but suddenly they were on Matthew's bed, their bodies impossibly close.

His hands tangled into her own; designs of red and scars of runes.

His mouth was hot on hers, she felt her soul leave her body. Her heart was racing in her chest, his hands were in her hair setting them free of their pearly confinment. 

Matthew was as beautiful as the Northern Lights and as graceful as midnight stars. 

His lips were a secret language that only Dahlia knew. His hands trailed up her body, unhooking her dress.

"Dahlia." he breathed out. "Dahlia, my angel, my star." 

"Kaashvi. I want you to call me Kaashvi, and only Kaashvi." Dahlia said, her voice was shaking but her words still carried out. 

"Kaashvi." Matthew tried. A bright smile broke out on his face. "Kaashvi, my angel, would you like me to keep going?"

Dahlia only nodded, not trusting herself to speak. "Do whatever you want Matthew. I love you, I love you more than all the stars in the sky."

Matthew made a noise Dahlia couldn't identify, then he was kissing her again.

She let herself fall into the moment with Matthew kissing her and touching her. 

A fantasy sort of heaven. 

Dahlia awoke at near morning when there was a loud banging at the house. Dahlia jolted up with the bedsheets covering her. Matthew stirred beside her. Dahlia blushed.

"Matthew." she whispered, shaking him and getting out of bed, swaddled with a blanket under the bed.

Matthew mumbled.