Chapter 16

Haruto POV

My dad stopped me from doing my morning jog today. I've been avoiding to have a serious talk with him for as long as I remember, or in this case since I arrived at his house. Its not as if I'm not trying, but every time we start talking, our temper raised out of nowhere. The only thing that made me stay until now is I want to spend more time with Soi.

My day mostly consist of morning jog, breakfast, walk Soi to her school, exploring Fukuoka, pick Soi up from school and spend the rest of the day with her. I maybe a shitty son, but I'm going to be a good loving brother for Soi.

And my dad finally have had it enough with our bare minimum conversation and decided to take a day off from work to go out with me, or I shall say dragged me along to whatever place we are heading to now.

We've been driving for at least thirty minutes in silence and it makes me feel like I had been looking through passenger window for hours. For some reason I felt hurt from my lack of trust to talk with him. My own dad. I believe its a basic instinct for a child to trust their parents. Trust and respect, and I lost both of them.

"So hmm Haru.. how was school?" He asked as he drove, almost sounding as if he wanted to start a conversation.

"Its fine." I murmured as I kept looking outside the window.

"Umm do you have a girlfriend?"

For real now? He wanted to intruding my personal life. I don't want to answer his question but I'm also curious how he gonna react if I told him my sexuality.

"Boyfriend. I have a boyfriend." I answered, heavily emphasize the word boyfriend.

"O-oh." He responded with shaky voice. I turned to take a look at him, his hands slightly twitching on the steering wheel.

"What? You have problem with your son being a gay?" I asked in challenging manner.

He didn't answer my question, he only took a quick glance at me before looking back to the road. I can tell a disappointment from his eyes. Cool, my dad is an anti.

I shrugged my shoulders. I don't mind though, its not as if I'm going to need his blessing or whatever. No. I lied to myself. I actually want him to accept me as what I am today. He doesn't need to give his support, I just need him to accept my choice.

After a long hour of drive, I jumped out from the car as soon as my dad turned off the car engine in parking area. He took me to a temple, it wasn't a single temple, more like a huge temple complex in the middle of pine forest called Nomiyama Kannonji.

Dad lead us to a pathway made of square stones in snow color, passing through a small shrine and heading to an area where I can hear sounds of water streams.

"We came here a lot when you are still in your mom belly." Dad said as we reached a lotus pond. "Especially in the summer. We came here almost every week because she love to see hydrangea that blooming here, just like today."

I smiled as my eyes wander to the sea of purple and blue hydrangea. I remember Junkyu Hyung told me blue hydrangea is his mom favorite flower. So my mom love them too.

"She thought you like them because she won't have her morning sickness whenever we came here. You know, you already a troublemaker since you were still in her belly. You won't let her rest from morning sickness." He chuckled. "That's why we cherished you a lot.." He added.

He gazed at the blue flower in front of him. His lips formed a smile but his eyes says differently. The same eyes I saw in the mirror whenever I remember happy moments the three of us had before that cursed day. Eyes that were so desperate to see our memory became reality once more.