The Murder - Chapter 1

This seemed strange because Mary would always be ready and waiting for Judy everytime they had same shifts. He made his way towards the front door, which was also in a strange position. The door was slightly open, and Donovan approached it with caution. He pushed the door open and made the gruesome discovery of two bodies in a pool of blood. After the discovery, he struggled back to the car to make the call back to the station.

Homicide detectives as well as forensic experts swamped the interior of the house, working the crime scene through the night while news crews pestered them with questions they didn't have answers to as yet. The teams working inside collected everything that was deemed important, including bits of broken glasses from the victim's wrist watch, which was found a short distance from the body , broken but clearly did not break as a result of someone stepping on it.

According to the detectives nothing was missing at the house, suggesting whoever did this was disturbed by Judy's arrival or it was a robbery gone wrong, causing the perpetrator to flee in panic without taking anything. But everything now was speculations, no one but the killer knew what transpired , and it was the police job to find him.

Joseph woke up the following day to a blinding headache. His mind immediately played back the events of last night. On his way back from work he had encountered two drunk prostitutes fighting, he tried to get between them bit the move backfired. He knew he was lucky to have gotten away with a headache and a bruise from the encounter with the two women. He could not help but wonder how was the woman whose face was bashed by the flying bottle feeling this morning.