The Murder - Chapter 1

At work that same morning his manager came to him for the third time within an hour , concerned about him. Joseph had earlier complained of a headache, what made matters worse was that the wound caused by the watch was swollen now.

"Are you sure you don't need a doctor," asked the manager.

"As I have already told you I'm perfectly fine, I've been through worst things and this is nothing," replied Joseph shifting the hosepipe in his hand to the other.

"By the way what happened to you, because when you left yesterday you were perfectly fine."

"Long story which I'd rather not tell." Without any further questions the manager left Joseph who was starting to think he should have taken the offer and go see the doctor because the pain was getting bad.It was not the doctor Joseph despised, but the nurses. He remembered when he was in prison a few months back when he and a dozen other inmates fell sick and had to be treated at Croix Valley Medical Center. There , nurses showed attitude towards them and looking down at them since they were criminals. That day he told himself he will never set one foot there again no matter what, but now.
But his thoughts were abruptly stopped by a blinding pain behind the eyes which left him dizzy and unable to see for a few moments. Luckily one of his colleagues was close by and was able to support him before he crashed on the wet concrete floor of the car wash bay. Thirty minutes later Joseph was in a hospital bed, still unconcoous, another fourty minutes he woke up, unable to remember what occured earlier. When he woke up, there was a doctor and a nurse in the room, with two gentlemen who were clearly not medical stuff. He swore he had seen one of them somewhere before