The Murder - Chapter 1

Upon realising him , the doctor came towards him followed by his entourage.

"Ah Mr Reynolds you are finally awake. I thought you were never going to," seeing the surprised look on his face the doctor answered his silent question, "You've been out for over an hour, but you are perfectly fine now to answer the questions these two gentlemen here would like to ask you."
Joseph simply nodded, but before the doctor and one of the guys who had been silent all along could say something, he started asking questions like what was the problem, even though he was still a bit dizzy he could tell something was off.
"So tell me doctor what did your tests show you? Am I free to go home because the last time I was here your nurses were not very welcoming," Joseph uttered those words carelessly giving the nurse a look in the process, not knowing how dangerous his words were.

"Well Mr Reynolds, whatever caused that bruise didn't cause any serious damage, you fainted probably because of fatigue. By the way we managed to pull out a few small bits of glass from the bruise which were the cause of your headache and swelling. We have sent them for tests at our lab yo determine the source," said the doctor.

At this point one of the two gentlemen who had been visibly impatient took over, even pushing past the doctor to get a clear and close view of his face. Joseph knew that there must be something seriously wrong here, because his health wasn't what brought them forth.

"Care to tell what happened Mr Raymond," he asked pulling a notebook out of his pocket.

"And why on earth would you call me Raymonds?" asked Joseph visibly annoyed.
"If I were you I wouldn't play hard with the officer of the law who happens to be a homicide detective. Now to the question , how did you end up with that bruise and what caused it? By the way I'm Detective Brent and my friend there is Detective Jonas. Don't even think of lying Mr Reynolds," the man stood on the left side of the bed while his companion, the doctor and the nurse stood on the right

Sorry for any misspelling or errors of any kind. This is my first shot, hopefully your positive input will mould me into something better come Chapter 2.