Epilogue ( 2 of 3 )

Part 2: The story inbetween

Gio's smiling widely as she stare out the window. It's been two years since their whole family wento back to the Philippines and she is yet to see everything in the country. Nang makauwi kasi siya, agad siyang nagsimulang magtraining.

"Can we visit the windmills, Silas?" She asked eagerly. "The waves are strong there, no? I won't swin, I'm scared that there might be sharks washed up on the shore."

Nang hindi ako nakasagot dahil sa iniispi ko, inalis niya ang seatbealt na suot niya at kumandong sa akin. "Can we, Silas?" She asked while fluttering her lashes at me.

Buti na lang talaga at stable ang private jet na sinasakyan namin. We had to hire a private jet to travel to Pagudpud. Pwede kaming magmaneho ng ilang oras kung meron sana kami noon. The only choice is to splurge a little for privacy. It's a tough life in the public eye.

I shifted a bit, afraid that she'll feel what I'm hiding. She noticed what I did but interpretated it differently. "Really, here? Not that I'm complaining, I've been curious about that club too." Tumingiin siya sa paligid ng sinasakyan namin. "Where though? I'm not a fan of having someone watch me."

Hinalikan ko ang pisngi niya. "We're landing soon, Gio." I shifted a bit to remove the seatbelt that I'm wearing. Binuhat ko si Giovanna pabalik sa upuan niya. She light, lighter than she was when we met in Sammamish. Sinigurado kong maayos na nakalagay ang seatbealt niya bago ako bumalik sa pwesto ko, sa tapat ng kanya. It's gonna be a rocky landing and I have to make sure that she's going to be safe.

It's her first time riding a private jet and she got scare at take off because of how rocky it is. She even gave me statistics on private jet accidents before we took off. Isama mo na rin na gabi kami bumiyahe. Kumalma din naman siya nang naging stable na kami sa ere, kaya nga nagawa niya nang kumandong sa akin.

Pero ako naman ngayon ang kinakabahan. I'm going to ask her to marry me tonight and the bulky is on my pocket. Dalawang taon pa lang kaming dalawa pero alam ko nang siya ang babaeng papakasalan ko.

"What's with you?" Tanong niya nang makababa na kami. "Are you worried that people will see us?" She eyed the staff helping us load the car. "Don't worry, Syd already made them sign NDA. We could kiss here and they won't say a thing unless they want to get sued."

I could care less of the fact that people are watching us right now. Wala akong pakialam kung bukas lumabas na sa balita ang relasyon namin ni Giovanna. What I'm nervous for is the proposal that I planned.

Umiling ako at dumampi ng halik sa kanila. "Silas!"

"What? You told me I could kiss you." Linapit ko ulit ang mukha sa kanya. Staring at her face calms me down. "You're shy about a quick kiss with your boyfriend but isn't when you're making out on public with a friend."

Umuwang ang labi niya at hinampas ako sa dibdib. "Shut up! People have done worst in the states and people doesn't know us there. Dito you're Alastair Del Gado and I'm the daughter of Elizabeth Il Defonso who's following into her footsteps."

Sumimangot siya bigla sa sinabi niya. Her relationship with her Mom is really comlplex. From what she told me, they have a distant relationship but she loves her Mom so much.

"Can we buy..what's that called again? the orange thingy? empanada here or is it just in Vigan?" Tanong niya nang madaan kami sa isang bayan. "I haven't tasted one yet but my nanny used to tell how delicious it is."

"We can stop by for your empanada," I started looking around for a stall that sells what we are looking for. "I'm sure there's an open shop around here." Sana lamg talaga pero mukhang wala nang bukas.