Chapter 4

Miniso

After I paid for my cab, I went inside the mall and smelled the malls cold, slightly scented air. I took the route to the National Bookstore. I wanted to look for new books that I would want to read.

I went inside, roaming my eyes to the never ending bookshelves. It suddenly felt heaven.

I went to one of the bookshelves, next to some stalls and ran my hands to every book, my head bending slightly to be able to read the titles clearly.

A book peak my interest so I took it out and strolled to the next corner as I read the description. I bumped into someone and the book I was holding fell.

"Sorry." I said. The person was quicker to pick up to book, bended low enough for me to realize that it was a guy.

"Thank you." I said as he stood straight and handed me back the book.

My gaze was only on his ivory knitted long sleeves that hanged perfectly on his muscular body.

His built was quite familiar. I know I have seen that kind of body from somewhere but I could not quite remember it. But instead of looking up to the owner of perfectly sculptured body, my head hang even lower as I walked passed him.

He didn't seem to mind because I didn't heard anything from him as I walked away. I went to the cashier to pay for the book and went out of the store.

My forehead creased as I thought, how could I find someone's body so familiar? That was weird.

I shook my head, erasing any left over thoughts.

I window shopped and saw plenty of newly arrived things. I escalated my way to the second floor and went inside Miniso Japan. They had new stuff toys starring Marvel characters. I looked around for a wallet. I found it on one of the shelves so I took one out and inspected it.

When I was satisfied with it, I looked around more on the shop. I grabbed a leaf paper holders, a brush pen, and a We Bare Bares stuff toys. A rose gold sunglasses took my attention so I went to their sunglass station to look more at it.

I grabbed the glasses and inspected it, weighing if I truly want it until I felt someone came up behind my back so I turned to look who it was.

There, I met two of the darkest pair of eyes I have seen. He looked down on me and I looked up as we stood there staring at each other's eyes.

It felt like I've known it for a long time. Like an old friend who came to greet me unexpectedly. I felt like time stopped and the universe looked down at me. His eyes shined brighter under the light the shop has illuminated.

His face was covered by a black mask, so all I could properly see was his jet black hair, his perfectly trimmed eyebrows, his long and perfectly curved eyelashes, and the pair of black orbs he possessed that peered at me.

I didn't know how I looked like, or if I even looked okay to be stared at. And so my eyes dropped to his chest. He stood very near to me to the point I could see the clear details of his ivory knitted upper.

My forehead creased when I remembered the guy I bumped to in the bookstore had the same top. I took a step back and realized it was a long sleeved.

I looked back at him once more and found he was eyeing me intently.

"Sorry. I didn't know you were there."

Well I knew. But I didn't know it was you.

"It's okay." He said. His deep voice also sounded familiar.

I didn't know where or how I come to find it familiar. If only his face wasn't covered then maybe I could point my finger on all the familiarity I could feel.

Is he following me?

I bit my lip when that thought crossed my mind. That is weird. I don't know him and he probably doesn't know my at all. So why would I think like that?

"Okay."

His eyes never left me. I stared more and found his face quite familiar but I couldn't decipher it well because of his black mask.

I nodded and once again walked pass him to go straight to the cashier to pay for everything I had in my hand.

After paying I went out of the shop, finished my business in the mall, grabbed myself a cab again and went straight to my apartment.

I walked in our school's hallway when I saw Erin waving and running towards me on the other end. I waved back and waited for her to reach me. She reached me, breathing heavily. She held on to my shoulder as she catches her breath.

I laughed at her red face.

"I have been looking for you!" she exclaimed.

"Why?"

"We need to study! Your place." She said. Right. It was almost the final examination for this semester.

"Can't. My place is a mess." I said.

Her brows met, almost creating a straight line while her lips protruded and stared at me like she always does when she was thinking hard for both of us. She sighed.

"Hmm. I wonder if it's okay in my place. We have guests over. Maybe dad won't allow it." she said.

"Why can't we just study in the school library?"

"Yvaine, you so damn well know I can't study in public places!" she glared at me because of my suggestion and I laughed at her mad face.

Erin always wanted to study in places where no one would be able to see her. No one thinks she studies but no one ever question her high grades because her father is a genius CEO. She was trying to surpass her daddy's brilliance but she didn't really had a great relationship with them.

Well, still good compared to my relationship with my parents.

"Let's just study in your place. In your room or in your library. If you have guests over, I don't think they would pay us so much attention."

She thought hard and decided to go with my idea. We went inside her Range Rover and drove off to their house.

The gigantic iron gates of their home opened as they saw her car driving near the area. We drove past the gates and into their bricked pathway which was emphasized with bushes on both sides.

There was plenty of plants on their front yard, there plenty of flowers too. In the middle on the pathway was a fountain with an angel pouring a bucket of water in the middle. We turned pass it and we stopped in front of their mansion.

The Russian style mansion stood before us in all of its glory. The stone walls where like elevated from one after another until the front porch. The second floor of the mansion had floor to ceiling windows with balconies on each. Designed with black ironed curve railings.

When I was done surveying the second floor, my eyes drifted in the front. The stairs before their front porch has angel drawings carved in them and the gigantic double doors has colored windows with leaves and many other design.

I have been here for a couple of times but I will never be able to stop being amazed on how great this placed looked.