Chapter 1

Numbed

I don't get how people stay in love. How they chose to be in love. How does it even feel? The thumping of your heart? The sparks? All the things they say.

Is it even real?

Maybe love was an illusion and everybody is just afraid to say otherwise.

Maybe it was just an excuse to be with someone for a very long time, until they feel empty.

The bar's music has been irritating my ears for half an hour now. My boyfriend, Hunter is nowhere to be found. A while ago, a friend texted me that he was hanging out around this area.

Funny, how this mostly happen in the movies. Where the boy goes out drinking without informing his girlfriend and ends up cheating on her.

Funny, how this is happening to me right now. And here I am, investigating.

He didn't even bother to text me. I wouldn't mind a boy's night out. I didn't mind letting him drink with friends. Although, not informing and lying to me surely rubbed my in the wrong area.

I wore clothes that most people wore on places like this; tight-short black dress, a little pouch, accessories on necessary places and five inch heels. I put on a light make up but I made sure my red lips would stand out most. I danced my way through one of the VIP areas in the club.

There I saw my boyfriend, not exactly what I thought he would be doing. He was with his friends in a rectangular table; they all sat face to face since they were plenty of them. I glide my way to their area.

I am not usually like this but I already have a gut feeling.

"She's not really my type." I heard Hunter said. My brow shut up at what I heard. And when I got to process it, my forehead creased.

"She's really boring too. I mean, she also have a lot of dramas in her life, very picky, lacks a little sense of humor, gosh she got it all! Damn, I always pay for our bills too! Her interests are only in books! No intimate stuffs, like what girlfriends and boyfriends really do! Can you believe it when I say that we only make out in our alone time?" he continued.

I continued to come nearer so I could hear more of all his complains about me. Gosh, drama. I can't help but roll my eyes at his back.

"Though, I found some chick two weeks ago. So hot, an animal in bed, a good kisser and a very good company."

I stopped on my tracks. I also knew that his friends could now see me listening to the conversation if they looked up. So he cheated? That wasn't the last thing I was expecting tonight but still it shocked me.

I stood there, mouth agape. I had to blink my eyes several times. The neon lights kept dancing around us, the music can still be heard but it felt like it was far away. Girls on tight dresses and high heels are still passing by. Distant laughter's can be heard.

My mind went blank. I wasn't hurt. I just couldn't believe it but I knew it was only a matter of time. I would understand if he would just break up with me. But why does he have to cheat while we were together? I was not against ending our relationship.

From Hunter's back, my eyes drifted to one of his friends-I don't really know his name and he only shows up once in the blue moon- although, it was quite dark, I knew and feel that he was staring at me. I stared back at him and I couldn't tell if he can see the shock on my face. He was the only person I thought who wouldn't come here tonight but that wasn't my concern today. I diverted my gaze and focused once again on Hunter.