Just a Girl

Take this pink ribbon off my eyes
I'm exposed and it's no big surprise
Don't you think I know exactly where I stand?
This world is forcing me to hold your hand

Of all the things Delilah hated, she hated Early Start during the fall semester at Mystic Falls High the most. More importantly, she hated the fact her half-sister Bonnie was an early riser and extremely happy in the mornings. If she would've known her mother Abby would've moved to the middle of butt-fuck nowhere Virginia she would've stayed her happy ass in California but yet here she was getting up at 6:40 am.

 No one needs to know she snuck in her window after going to a rager with her best friend Vicki and her boy toy Jeremy but that's beside the fact she only got 2 hours of sleep. Trudging down the hallway in need of a shower to get the smell of weed and booze off. Knocking lightly on the bathroom urging her sister to hurry, the door opened as steam waft off her sister's naked shoulder, a fresh scent of vanilla filled the air and Bonnie emerged.

"Hey it's yours and there's still warm water!" She exclaimed moving past to get to her room,

"Oh by the way let Vicki Donovan know that if she's gonna sneak you out make sure everyone is asleep." laughed Bonnie.

 "Well, thanks Bons! And I'll let her know that." I responded blushing as I entered the shower. 

Of course, little miss perfect would be more observant, but I know that girl won't snitch on me cause I vividly remember dragging her ass home after an infamous Tyler Lockwood mansion party. As I scrubbed the Jell-O shots and Indica off me I thought about the fact that I really had fun tonight with my friends, I genuinely liked Vicki with Jeremy...Tyler always broke her heart and yes she has a drug problem but you would too if your mother was a drunk and she broke your heart constantly.

Tyler always broke her heart and yes she has a drug problem but you would too if your mother was a drunk and she broke your heart constantly

I quickly refreshed my curls swooping my edges and putting a leave-in conditioner. I looked in the mirror doing a light beat, glossed my lips, and sprayed my Burberry perfume. 'Damn shawty you look good af'  I thought to myself. A soft knock alerted me that Bonnie was ready to go.

I grabbed a peach from the basket in the middle of the island and a bottle of OJ, put my backpack on my back, and hugged Grams goodbye with a kiss on the cheek. the pavement was lightly dusted with rain from the previous night and smelled refreshing, it had been a dry season this summer and the wind carried the sounds of cicadas buzzing all around. My feet tapped a steady pace all the way to the Honda Civic my sister owned, opening the passenger side I heard my sister's three-way conversation with Jeremy's older sister Elena and Ms. Malibu Barbie Caroline.

"You guys guess what?" asked Caroline enthusiastically, rolling my eyes as I buckled myself in and Bonnie gave me a once over nodding her head and then giving thumbs cause I looked like a bad bitch.