Cold War

But if we just spoke
Like we meant it
Would you reference
This open part of me
The minute I know
The time we spent in
Came corrected
In my anatomy

We raced through the halls as our classmates cheered at the early release, pure joy was eteched on Delilah's face and the atomsphere was light with infectious laughter. Her brown eyes still held some tears but you can tell she needed a release after all the harrassment she went through.

"Let's go to our hideout or the watering hole!" Othello suggested as he grabbed nayeli's hand head towards the parking lot, nero following close by with that Vic chick who was looking for her boyfriend Jer.

" Hell yeah Delacroix, Party at the Waterhole!" screzmed Tyler who hooted with Vickie's younger brother Matt.

Delilah sighed as she stood waiting for Bonnie to get to her so they can discuss how their getting out the mess that was made. Carol I think came up to the sandy blonde named Stefan asking if he wants to come to the waterhole. Jo tossed her book bag in the back of the truck.

"Kai what the hell happened I was in Bio when I heard the commotion in the hall." She asked as  I left  Delilah to her sister telling her  I'd follow behind or she could come with me. " Shit if I know, that teaccher was so terrible he told all the black kids in class that their ancestor's were the help, which triggered Delilah to stage a coupe and that was so hot!" I regaled the tale of  our history class.

"I know he didn't say that!" squeaked Jo as her eyes were wide with horror,  I nodded my head shame, I understood what it was like to be ostracsized me for my many siblings and never for my skin though. I already knew that this year is going to be lit cause of Delialh and her friends.

" Kai, I'm gonna take you up on that offer for a ride." Chirped Delilah shyly as she came towards my car, Bonnie already pulling out with a car full of people. " So you need anything from  your house?" I inquired

She blushed prettily and nodding her head back to the quiet girl I first met the rebellious freedom fighter now gone. I hear a throat clear gaining our attention to Tyler, " Bro I just airdropped the address come thru new kids" He winked at Jo who turned red as tomatoe. I chuckled and dapped him up and then I opened the passenger door for Delilah and Josette to climb in.

Delilah smiled at me as she climbed into my  jeep and I smirked back, Jo plugged her airpods in to ignore us chattering away. I got Delilah's address tearing out the parking lot.  "So how long have you lived out here?" I asked as  I turned on her street realizing she lived right in from of Jo and I like directly in front a fence and oak tree seperated us. " since my Dad died and freshman year to be exact." came her morose reply.

" I'm just going to get my suit and Jo do you want one too?" She asked as she picked up her stuff  looking at my sister.

" Um you sure?" Jo bite her lip when she was nervous and Delilah smiled encouragingly and nodded yes.

" Girl! you about knock Tyler off his feet, I'm totally excited for you!" Delilah screamed from her door inserting her key and turn the knob entering her house. I looked at Jo through the rearview mirrior she looked dreamily out the window and hope Tyler treats her right  or I'll snap his neck.

Delilah came crashing out dressed to the nines  and red cooler in her grasp, I rush stumbling out the driver's side. She smelled like Honey and Cocoa Butter while she shimmered from the sunscreen she put on.

 She smelled like Honey and Cocoa Butter while she shimmered from the sunscreen she put on