Mr. Jones

Mr. Jones and me
Tell each other fairy tales
And we stare at the beautiful women
She's looking at you
Ah, no, no, she's looking at me
Smilin' in the bright lights
Coming through in stereo
When everybody loves you
You can never be lonely

  The outfit was simple; Josette paired my nirvana shirt with a white long-sleeve baseball tee and some baggy jeans

  The outfit was simple; Josette paired my nirvana shirt with a white long-sleeve baseball tee and some baggy jeans. I climbed down the stairs with my headphones Counting Crows blaring through bass. My fingers were adorned with silver rings.

Being the oldest of a big family was hard. My dick of a father made sure that I understood my place in our family. 

" you must be responsible, Malachi," "Don't yell at your younger sister," and "how hard is it to produce your own magic." 

Of all the things. What I hated about this move was the fact that I had left behind my friends, well friend, to be more exact. Eli understood the broodiness and school shooter vibes I gave off, but now I got to start school in the middle of buttfuck nowhere.

"Hey! hurry up; we're gonna be late for the first day."  Jo waved her hand in front of my face as I zoned on the bottom of the stairs lacing up my Airforce 1s. I rolled my eyes, " You would want to be on time, Josette; why not make a fashionably late entrance?" I replied sarcastically, smirking. I nodded my head towards the door, signaling to head out.

The fresh dew of last night's rainfall permeated an earthy scent in the neighborhood. Josette wore a dark yellow dress with a white turtle neck crop top underneath and a black choker, and heavy black Dr.Martens stomped towards the passenger side of our shared black Jeep, a 17th birthday present.

"Hey, give me the aux," Jo commanded, reaching for the cord, and her eyes held a mischievous gleam to them.

"oh no, we are not listening to whatever Girlie pop you want to listen to." I teased, shoving her hand away.

"Please! Kai, I'll watch the twins and won't resist our midnight siphoning sessions." pleaded Jo while making puppy dog eyes. Now, who couldn't resist those cerulean baby blue eyes?

"You know you're annoying, right" I huffed, handing over the chord. I swear I'd probably choke her with it if she weren't my sister.

"Plus, I know you're gonna like it!" she giggled as we took off down our street, passing by suburban housewives waving their brats goodbye as they got on the school bus. The thrum of bass chords pulled my attention. I recognized the chords from one of our favorite 90s bands.

"Hell yeah!" I cheered, bobbing my head to Gwen Stefani's eclectic voice. We got to a stoplight pulling up beside a honda civic with two girls in it. Both girls were African- American, and the passenger caught my eye, staring off into the distance. Our eyes met like Clare Danes and Leonardo DiCaprio in Romeo + Juliet... Not saying we're star-crossed lovers or anything cause Ewwww.

The passenger is on my mind now to the point I finger waved to her with my signature smirk, and of course, she blushed. 

Mystic Falls just got interesting.

"Hurry up, Idiot!" Jo tapped my shoulder as the light turned green. I sped off towards the center of town, passing by the place Sheila Bennett recommended my dad and mom to try...Mystical Grille, I believe. I can't wait to hang out there. I love me a great burger, my stomach growled.

"You did eat this morning, Malachi, right?" Jo asked, " Cause you know you get stabby when you don't!" she cackled.

"Hardy Har Har, Josette," I replied sarcastically as I pulled up to the home of the timberwolves, Mystic Falls High. I parked near the football field in the back, just in case I wanted to hit the blunt between classes. I noticed the girls from earlier stand a couple of cars over with two new girls, one Latina and the other the epitome of Barbie. 

"OMG, Hi!" screamed Barbie as she and her girl group walked by.

"Hi," Jo said shyly as she grabbed her backpack and walked over to the driver-side to help get our books; I rolled my eyes at blondie.

"I'm Caroline Forbes, Senior Class president," she pointed to herself, then to the brunette Latina. "That's Elena Gilbert, Co-Captain of the cheer squad!" Elena waved, then Barbie continued with the two girls we drove next to earlier, " That's Bonnie and Delilah Benett, our resident genius and rebel girl. I'll let you decide who's who." She finished with a nudge to who I presumed was Bonnie which caused the latter to roll her eyes and Delilah to guffaw.

"You slash the tires on your best friend's ex's car, and now you're the resident bad girl!" Exasperated Delilah as she started walking away. I watched her glide away in her Doc Martens, completely enamored by her presence. Jo elbowed me as the others looked at me knowingly.  

"I'm Josette, Jo, this creeper is Malachi, but he prefers Kai," Jo laughed as the girls shook her hand. I glared at my evil twin for using my government name like my parents expected me to be evil or something by naming me Malachi. I shuddered at the thought of everybody calling me by my full name.

"See as you're good here, Jo; I'll see you guys later," I replied as they snickered, turning to follow Delilah who wasn't too far away.

"Ugh, he would. Be prepared to see my brother at your house Bonnie; when that boy gets his sight on something, he never lets it go, and right now, your sister is in his line of sight!" groaned Jo as she and the girls trudged behind getting to know each other.