Daisy

I'm crazy, but you like that; I bite back
Daisies on your nightstand, never forget it
I blossom in the moonlight, screw eyes
Glacial with the blue ice, I'm terrifying

"Hey, wait up?" Yelled skater boy as he tripped over himself to get me; I rolled my eyes; of course, he would latch on to me, not like my sister and her airhead friends were going to hold his attention like his sister Jo.

"What do you want, Malachi," I smirked, knowing that would piss him off as he scowled and glared at me.

"Well, I'll be damned...if only that look could send me pushing daisies." I laughed in a faux southern belle accent; we continued walking in silence until we got to the outcasts area, and I sat down at the circular table in the cut of the parking lot, waiting for my friends to pop up. I felt Kai sit beside me, his left knee bouncing anxiously; I put my hand on it to calm him, giving his knee a gentle squeeze. 

First to sit on my left were Jeremy and Vi, and last pulling up the rear were Nayeli and Nero. I grew up with Jeremy and Kat because Katherina(Kat) was Elena's twin, and Jeremy was their little brother; I would hang out with them during my time as Bonnie's shadow whenever I came down from California. Nayeli was my partner in crime since we bonded over how racist this town was, as we were both descendants of enslaved people and natives. Nero and his brother Othello were added to our group when I was paired up with Nero for Chemistry and had not one clue of what the hell was going on. 

"Aye, who's the new kid?" questioned Nayeli, her brown eyes filled with suspicion and intrigue.

Kai cleared his throat, Adam's apple bobbing as he stood to his full height and an air of apathy passed through our group. I smirked, knowing he was about to say some shit and piss off Yeli.

"Sup, I'm Kai, and you are sweet cheeks?" Kai chuckled and winked at Nayeli, and instantly the group fell deathly silent...One thing about Yeli is she hates condescending gender-driven comments.

"First off puto,  the name is Nayeli and not "sweet cheeks"; secondly, Call me or any woman a passive-aggressive ass pet name will get you beat the fuck up." Nayeli venomously, her brown eyes cutting . 

"Damn, bro, it's barely 8:30 am, and you already managed to bring out the Viper!" slow clapped Nero in a joking manner, causing the entire table to smirk and laugh at Kai's predicament. 

" The name is Nero, and welcome to the hell hole called Mystics Falls, where you'll see our wonderful town re-enact a war they lost over and over again, followed by the sexist and racist beauty pageant of ...Miss Mystic Falls!!!" Exclaimed Nero as he jumped on the table in a display of flying limbs.

"My god, why are you like this?" questioned Jeremy jokingly. The first period rang notifying us to put some hustle in our steps. I grabbed Kai's sleeve to pull him to the side so he wouldn't get swarmed through the droves of students, biting the inner plushy flesh of my cheek.

"You get your schedule yet?" I inquired, as we trailed behind my group of friends.

"Ugh...no, I was wondering if you'd show me the way?" Kai responded, his cerulean eyes shining bright with a mischeousnes I haven't seen before.

"Yeah, just follow me!" I started walk to the north part of campus trudging through hallways as we entered the administrative part of the school. 

"so... this is where I leave you." I turned to face Kai as I introduced him to Ms. Martin who had his schedule out along with Josette's. He reaches out to grab my wrist, stopping me from hightailing it away from the disapproving stank ass face of Ms. Martin

"Did you forget that I literally don't know who the hell Mr.Tanner is?" Kai chuckled confidently staring directly at Ms. Martin as her face turned red like most white women do when they are pissed off.

"Young man, that language will not be tolerated in this office!" exclaimed the rude as fuck secretary.

"Well my apologies Sheryl... May I call you Sheryl", Kai cackled as he snatched his Schedule out of her hands and turned to face me.

"Anyway, I'll just take you with me cause that's my first two classes." I shuddered at the thought of sitting through Tanner's pervy, lustful, and fetishizing gaze. I took his hand and led us out the office, turning left then right past some lockers ending right near at my locker. I turned the dial 07-12-32 and my locker opened, Scream and Nightmare on Elm street posters were plastered along my favorite Heartthrobs from Marlon Wayans to the Fine whiteboy Chad Micheal Murray.

"Pkay cool you like horror and grunge" Kai stated as he looked around and picked up band pins and ticket stubs. I gently grabbed my makeup wipes and went over my brown skin to get rid of my makeup, so Tanner doesn't stare too long. I closed my locker and turned to my new buddy cheesing and chuckling to myself.

 We heard the third bell letting us know we're  fivr minutes behind. All the stragglers rushed to get to class including us, I busted a right dragged Kai in side before Tanner' jerk ass closed the door.

" Ah! Miss Bennett glad you could join us and you brought a friend along." Sneered Ezra Tanner, "Sorry for keeping you from teaching young minds Mr. Tanner!" mimicked Tanner in a high pitched voice. The class filled with laughter as I looked down my face burning red, Kai looked at the room with disdain and apathy.                                

 "Actually why don't you tell us what your family did for the founding families, seeing as you know your family was the help." gasps ranged out, I see from the corner of my eye Bonnie slumped in her desk , Tyler's face was red with anger and Kai looked confused.

" Ayo, that's some grimey ass shit you're saying and racist as fuck." Bellowed Othello who got out of his sit but Nero and Matt held him. 

Tears welled in my eyes as I looked Tanner square in the face my head held high and my shoulders back.

" As a matter of fact,  The Bennetts were actually apart of the founding families but due to the times and slaves laws they were forced to work for their fellow founderr's in exchange for the a seat at the table, Mr. Tanner." I commanded the room as walked up to the front and sat in jis desk.

"But you have a degree and I'm just the a child the help" I said haughtily as i put my feet on the desk, " you may continue" I urged him with my hands.

"Our family built this town with their blood, sweat and tears, I will not let you degrade my sister in front me mr.Tanner!" exclaimed  Bonnie, which never happens due her gentle spirit . I smirked proud. 

a knock silences us as Tanner got ready to retort, Kai cleared his throat and said come in a cutie with green eyes and sandy brown hair  and slightly boyish charm but allured to a mysteriuos vibe.

" Is this, Mr. Tanner's class." The boy asked bewildered.

"It was." Joked Nayeli from the back, the class laughed as Tanner stood enraged at how his class is turning out.

"We were just discussing the  founding families and their countribution to Mystic Falls, isn't that right Ezra?" I cocked my head as  I cut my eyes at Mr. Tanner  daring him to answer the question.

He cleared his throat in embrassment and nodded his head. I know that's got him in shape . The green eye boy sits between Tyler and Elena.

" I'm Stefan Salvatore and a descendent of  the Salvatore family, my brother Damon is a Freshman at whitmore college and we moved in with my mother Lillian: I also plan to join the the soccer team." Stefan introduced himself to the class, caroline made googly eyes at him and Elena sighed whimsically as he spoked.

"Welcome Mr. Salvatore and since Ezra here wants to be a dick head, I'm letting you guys out early, Welcome back and have fun!" I annouced as I left flipping off Ezra as i grabbed Kai's hand and dragging him with out the door followed by hoots and hollers of my classmate.