ICU

Something 'bout your hands on my body

Feels better than any man I ever hadSomething 'bout the way you just get meI try not, don't 'cause I can't forget

You got a feeling, a soul, that I need in my life (yeah, yeah)Oh, woahAnd though we may grow, I don't know why we don't grow apart

Maybe I-I-I-I-I, I need youI breathe you, turnin' my heart blue, ooh, oohMaybe I-I-I-I-I, I need you

When I leave you, I see you, oh-oh-oh, ohOh-oh-oh, oh, oh-oh-oh, oh, oh, ohOh-oh, oh-oh, oh

Kai

We pulled out  like fast and furious , going down a dark dirt path only seeing the red tail lights in front of us;  Delilah is holding my hand and texting on her phone. Jo's light snore from the back let's me know my twin is knocked out and we have a good 20 minutes of pure bliss before my world came crashing down cause of my  father. I'll make sure Lilah never has to meet  joshua and I feel a deep connection on a magical level, like my siphoning is gently pulling from an unawakened source.

" Hey, you ok?" I turn my sight to Lilah who is chewing on the inside of her cheek and  texting furiously, her brown eye squint and she gasps when I zap her a little to get her attention.

" Did you just shock me?" she question bewildered and freaked out.

I clear my throat responding, " yeah my bad static is mad crazy in here", she blinks and returns to her phone while playing  some music. A sultry voice croons as she twiddles with my fingers and sings along her pitch perfect. My little songbird's voice creates a hypnotic trance out of me.

 I can't help but steal glances at her, admiring how beautifully her hair cascades down her shoulders, the way her lips purse as she hits the high notes of the song, and the way her eyes sparkle in the moonlight. I know I shouldn't be feeling this way, especially since I'm supposed to be focusing on keeping her safe, but I can't help it.

As the song ends, she puts her phone down and turns to me, grinning from ear to ear. "That was fun," she says, her hand still intertwined with mine. I smile back, grateful for the distraction. 

Suddenly, the car comes to a screeching halt, jolting Delilah and me forward. Jo groggily wakes up from the back, rubbing her eyes.

"What's going on?" she asks, looking around. I turn to Delilah, trying to reassure her.

"I don't know, but it's probably nothing. Maybe a deer or something."

But as soon as I finish my sentence, a loud banging on the window startles us all. I see a shadowy figure outside, and my heart starts racing.

"Lock the doors," I whisper to the girls, my voice barely audible. We hear the figure outside trying to open the doors, but thankfully they're locked. Suddenly, the figure disappears and we hear footsteps slowly fading away. I let out a sigh of relief, but I know this isn't over. The ghostly figure fading a way, it was sent after someone and Jo's the only one with her own magic to protect us.

"We have to keep moving," I say, my voice low and urgent.

"We can't stay in one place for too long."

Delilah nods, understanding the gravity of the situation. Jo is still half-asleep, but she trusts me to keep us safe.

"What was that Kai?" Screamed Delilah who went white in the face.