5

The father-daughter duo sat in the diner enjoying a small quiet lunch with each other

The father-daughter duo sat in the diner enjoying a small quiet lunch with each other. Both not saying a word as they ate into the meals that were placed in front of them.

A burger and fries for the father, and a Chicken salad for the daughter. Both taking pieces and bites out of each other food.

"So," Armani took a fry off her dad's plate, "how's Bella been lately?" She spoke carefully, as she could see the tired and irritated look upon his face and didn't want to ruin his day farther with anything that might upset him.

"She could be much better," he stopped eating, allowing Armani to take as many fries as she pleased.

"As unfortunate as it sounds, I was hopeful you could help." He signed, he didn't have much experience in the love department, only ever experiencing with Renee and look where he was now.

"You've got an amazing relationship going, and I was wondering if you could help Bella get back on track." He rubbed his face, the coffee he had this morning not at all helping to ease his stress.

"But that's because both parties are willing to understand space when needed." She frowned, yeah she had a great relationship but Louis knew when to leave her alone and vise versa, they both understood what the other wanted and needed and didn't mind helping each other to achieve it.

"Which is very good if your relationship lasted this long." Charlie took his plate back before she could eat the fries off of it completely.

"Can you tell me more about Bella's ex?" Armani knew close to nothing about him and even just a little bit of information would be helpful when talking with Bella.

"His name was Edward Cullen, he was one of the boys I told you about when they moved to town." Charlie shrugged, "I don't like him and never will. There's something strange about him and Bella is obessed over him."

She knew he didn't like him, from the way Charlie expressed Edward's name like it was a disease was enough for her to understand his level of resentment for him turning his daughter into a mess.

"Obessed?" Armani paused, she was slightly confused though her brain came to the conclusion that Bella was just stuck over her first boyfriend.

"Yeah!" Charlie scoffed, "she would never be in the house, always following him around and basically doing whatever he told her to do." He rolled his eyes, sure he didn't speak much but he saw and heard enough to know the girl treated Edward like some sort of God.

"Wow." Armani scoffed also, she couldn't imagine Louis telling her what to do unless it effect her health or lead to something serious. She also couldn't imagine treating him as if he was above everyone and vise versa.

They understood that they both have different friend groups with a mix of everyone whether they were male, female, black, or white. They understood that, of course they could talk about jealously but they both trust each other to be alone with the opposite gender.

"His family is amazing, his adoptive father was the head doctor here, his siblings were respectful and responsible, and his adoptive mother a great woman." He signed, they were perfect, but my views slightly changed when Bella first ran off because of him." He grimaced, his eyes a little shiny from the words he remembered her saying and that brought a sense of anger over Armani.

She wasn't going to say it out loud, but Bella truly did annoy her when her father told her what she did and said. She knew those words were quite hurtful for Charlie to hear and for his own daughter to say it probably tore his heart out.

Armani had the right to be angry for him, because she knew he wouldn't be for himself so someone else had to and she was gonna be that person.

"I'll make sure to have a talk with her about that." Armani was serious, she would whether Bella wanted to hear it or not.

"It's fine really," charlie waved off, and Armani couldn't help but frown. Did he even mention if Bella apologized? If not than she's gonna have to now that Armani was back.

There was a few things Bella was gonna have to do or she would make sure that her father sent her away back to her mother who raised the disrespectful little thing.

"It's not, she's eighteen it's about time someone talk to her, because that attitude is not something she wants to keep." And Armani would stay true to her words, Bella would not be keeping her busy father up at night for as long as she stayed there.

Even if it took a smack or two because she was past what she thought Bella was.

"A brat." She didn't say it of course, but with the way she stopped her fork back into the plate to allow her father to to take over was enough for him to tell she was mad.

"We should head home." Charlie looked at his watch, they stayed longer than expected, he was suppose to take her to Billy's but it was a little late tonight and he would have to take her later.

"Do we have to?" Armani joked, though they both knew they didn't want to be inside the house with Bella at the moment, Charlie moreso since he was a little tired of her, and Armani because she knew that Bella was gonna get an earful and she was gonna give it to her good.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt to have a little dessert." Charlie smiled and waved the waitress over, ordering them both a milkshake and a slice of apple pie for him, a slice of chocolate cake for Armani.

"Don't worry, I'll never let my little girl pay." He gave Armani a kiss on the cheek when she started to pull out a couple of bills she had converted to USA bills.

"I'll be sure to pay you back then." She nodded, she had a few souvenirs that he was gonna like, she was sure of it.

But for now they were gonna enjoy a depressed free Bella lunch together.

"Daddy," Armani signed, "would you be upset if I told you that sending Bella back to her mom's might be required?" She knew he loved having Bella with him, though he looked ready to wilt over and she hated him looking like this.

"If you can't do anything, than that would be a really good idea." He signed, he looked even sadder but when the sweet dishes were brought out he perked up with a smile.

"Now let me have a taste of that cake and a sip of that milkshake." He teasingly pretended to cut him a big piece of her cake.

"Only if i can get a bite and sip of yours." She smiled.

You would never believe Charlie didn't have a favorite when you saw him acting more cheerful around his adoptive daughter, much moreso than he was with his own daughter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~Edited~
Gotta love a cute father-daughter scene ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Edited~Gotta love a cute father-daughter scene ❤️