Chapter 5

Five

"Excuse me, can we like, touch your arm?"

"Really? Really," said Richard, half of them laughing. He shrugged and pulled up his sleeves. Apparently it was rather cool to them that his arms felt like smooth metal but moved effortlessly like any other arm and fingers."Okay guys, everyone onto the bus," called Mr. Turner. He sat in the back filming the fanatics of teenagers at school. "We are now leaving the city. Look at the big ocean...so huge,"

"Hey camera-guy, we've all seen the ocean,"

"I haven't! I've been mostly in the desert and buildings, the ocean is alien to me, I wonder how deep it goes," he said, Amy grabbing the front and moving it laughing by his expression. "Maybe if we get back you can just go and jump in and tell us how deep it is but now, focus on the school-bus," she said, plopping down. "Yes boss lady, and just to let you know by the end of this shoot I will not be feeling my arms and holding this thing up,"

"Be lucky I didn't give you the biggest one we got, those are heavy," said Tammy. The hour long drive wasn't as eventful as he hoped but halfway through they decided to ask him random questions, rather absurd questions really. Could he jump off high buildings and live? Could he shoot lasers? Does he have super strength. "Why are you asking me such absurd questions?"

"Normally Dameperi's have powers, even after the banishment I believe," said Amy as he tapped his chin. "Huh...I don't know if I can, didn't really throw myself into a bus to try," he said, several giggling. "Maybe I'll figure it out along the way," he said. Finally they arrived. The building was a large white dome with glass walls all around. He filmed it as they drove into the packed parking lot. "What is this place again?"

"A Geo Museum, basically a place where you can learn about the environment from the various plants to the different animals that once lived on hear,"

"Once lived? Where'd they go?"

"Due to man's development and impact, they've slowly died away...we're mostly the cause of their extinction, to put it bluntly. There are those who try to save them but it's not doing much good," said Amy as they came around. A few stared while he hefted the camera on his shoulder and pressed his eyes to it. "Okay, boss-lady," he said, Amy smoothing out her buttoned shirt and skirt. "Take01, Introduction," said Buzz, a knucklehead. Amy was meant for the camera, he just knew it so he did his best to stay on top of things. They were allowed to film which was a big bonus, mostly because the tour-guides had to be on their toes. The three hour tour and holding up the camera made him want to drop down but he was fascinated with the creatures, his camera grazing over the sculptures. He even got to hold a tiny snake that quickly coiled around his wrist and didn't really want to leave. "Hi cutie, you're gonna have to get off me now...someone...get this tiny little creature off of me..." he said, the attendee chuckling and uncoiling the snake from his wrist.

Finally, they were gathering at the bus to leave. "Please tell me I can put this camera down,"

"Nope, not until our feet are back on school grounds, get use to it," said Amy, everyone slowly gathering onto the bus when he felt a tap on his back and turned around, his camera nearly clocking whoever was behind him. "Sorry, documentary...can I help you?"

"Yes, my master would like to give you this," said the man dressed in a black suit and sunglasses, handing him a card. The card was white and glossy with fancy letters on it. "Oh ugh, thanks," he said , sliding the car into his pocket and disappearing back onto the bus. When in the back, he pulled out the card and looked at it with his other hand. "What's Scandel Inc?" he said, Amy taking the card until she burst out laughing, He squinted his eyebrows at her. "I'm sorry but I can't tell you on the camera," she wheezed, the teacher looking at the card and then turning red. "I'm so confused,"