F O R E I G N

F R A N C E S C A  P O V

I could hear my heavy breathing and my feet slamming against the cement. I could barely see with my hood over my eyes. Why didn't I shower before coming? I was covered in blood. A couple of people stopping to look at me, others making surprised sounds as I ran past them. I felt small right now. Small for needing his help. Small for getting myself into this situation in the first place. It was dark out and late. 12:40 to be exact. Clubs would be shutting down soon. The last call is usually at 1:30. As I ran around the corner I saw Envy just up the street.

"I need to see Gio," I told the bouncer before running in. Not even letting him reply to me.

The club was busy, but I couldn't care. I was starting to hyperventilate. Drops of sweat falling down my face. I ran through the club, stumbling into people. I was a fucking mess right now, and everyone could see it. I haven't felt like this since that night. That night I had fucked everything up.

I ran wildly through the club and when I got to his office he wasn't there. Growling to myself I turned back around and made my way to the bar. Luca was behind it, flirting with the woman patron in front of him.

"Luca!" I yelled getting his attention. He smiled as he saw me. As I came closer tho, that smile turned into a frown.

"What happened to you? Why are you covered in blood?" He asked. I grabbed the bar for support.

"I need to see Giovanni," I said between breaths. He looked me up and down slowly. "Now!" I Yelled slamming my hand on top of the bar. His eyes falling to my hands. The blood is still on my pink fingernails.

"Fuck Daisy he is in a meeting with some clients," he said while staring at my fingers. His eyes narrowing in on them. His brain working in mysterious ways.

"Luca, id suggest you tell me where he is now before I repeat what just happened, with you," I growled causing him to flinch back.

"Fuck, VIP room," he told me as I turned around. "Do not tell him I told you where he is," He yelled as I stormed off towards the direction of the VIP rooms.

The VIP area was upstairs. I was deadly quick as I made my way to the last suit. my palms became sweaty as I just now realized what I was actually doing. At this moment I wished I was back home. I wish I could have gone to a gang leader instead of the head to the Italian mafia. When I walked into the room I was breathing heavily again. The sweat dripping off my forehead became cold as I stood in the doorway. Gio and a couple of men sat around Dalia as she danced in the center of the room.

"What the fuck?" Gio yelled at me as I stood in the doorway.

"I really need to talk to you," I said between gritted teeth. It felt like I was choking.

"I'm busy,"  he said as he looked me up and down. "Why are you covered in blood?" He sounded mad. He was mad, I was the last person he wanted to see right now. But the feeling was mutual.

"If you would have a word with me, in private. You would know why I'm covered in blood!" I yelled as he came closer.

"Does this have anything to do with the Russian man found in a back alley tonight?" He asked in front of everyone. So they were a part of the business. And if they didn't know about the mafia, then they were just dense. I didn't know if I could trust Dalia tho. She was a piece of work that one.

"Oh god, he was already found?" I asked sitting down beside one of the men and pulling the wallet, phone, and a note from my back. "He knew my name. He also had this," I said handing over the note to Giovanni. "I had no choice."