F I A N C È

F R A N C E S C A P O V

Today was Monday. Meaning I had to go serve at Envy. Stupid I know. Working for the mafia and still working a minimum wage job. Today was beautiful out. The fall leaves on the ground. The sun shining bright. A slight breeze flowing through my curtains. I loved it.

Tomorrow was the day of the event. The day I will do my first hit, again. I was not feeling nervous for some reason. And since I wasn't worrying I was having anxiety from being so calm about all of this. I looked at the black dress hanging in my closet. It truly was a beautiful dress.

It was 5 pm and I would need to be at work at 7 pm. I was going to go with Sarah since she was dancing tonight. Giovanni had put us on the same shift on purpose. I looked at the uniform he had given me. Just a pair of black short shorts and a tight black tank top with the company logo. It was simple and I hated it.

I put my hair up in a high straight ponytail and did my makeup. I put the uniform on and looked at myself in the mirror. I made the uniform look good. I grabbed a small neon green Fanny pack and a pair of white Air Force ones with a neon green stripe on them. I looked really good actually. I was happy with myself today.

I sat at my vanity and looked over the file for James. Learning that slutty clingy girls were his thing. That was the only woman he had over his arm. The only part about this was that I wasn't entirely excited about the acting part. It's going to be hard to flirt with a known rapist. His track sheet was so long I could use it as a table cloth. And of course every run-in with the police he got off scot-free. Of course because of who his family was.

I groaned as I looked at the clock. 6:30. I closed the folder and set it down on the vanity. I grabbed my essentials and made my way downstairs. As I approached the stairs I saw Sarah waiting at the bottom.

"There you are! We have to get going," she said as I quickly made my way down the stairs.

"Sorry I honestly lost track of time," I told her. A thing I have been doing a lot of recently.

"It's ok," she said as we walked to the garage. No one was in the kitchen as we passed. Which to me was weird. Since every time I have gone in there, there was at least someone.

The drive to envy was short of conversation. Sarah seemed to be in deep thought as she drove. Slight music playing in the background. Envy was already pretty busy. And we were a bit late. Coming through the doors at 7:20. I went straight to the bar. Having everything I needed in my Fanny pack already.

"Your late newbie," Luca said as I approached the bar.

"Haha," I replied sticking out my tongue and giving him the finger.

"Your lucky your the boss's favorite or he would have your neck." He laughed as I picked up an empty tray on the bar, setting some empty glasses on it.

"He already has had my neck," I replied as I brought the try around the counter and emptied the glasses into the slush bucket, and put them in the glasswasher.

"You can go take some orders from the floor if you like," he told me as I finished with the glasses. I nodded my head. With my own and paper, I made my way to the furthest table.

"Hi guys, my name is Fran, I'll be your server tonight. Can I get anyone some drinks?" I asked the 4 men in suits sitting at the table.