P U R S E S

F R A N C E S C A S P O V

The water was cold. I could hear the faint dripping of the leaky faucet. I watched my body under the grimy water. The blood mixing into it as I moved around. I had stayed in the tub for hours. And as I picked my phone off the tiny side table I noticed the time was 4 am. And to think I would be sound asleep in my own bed right now. If I didn't kill that man. Groaning to myself I slowly got out of the tub. Droplets of water dropping if my naked body. I slowly wrapped a towel around my body. The mansion was surprisingly warm. I wasn't cold like I always was.

"Took you long enough," I heard Giovanni say as I exited the bathroom.

"Fuck! You scared me!" I yelled gripping my towel to my chest. He chuckled as he got off my bed and came towards me.

"I have a job for you," he said as he handed me a Manila folder. I gave him a questionable look as I opened to folder.

Inside was a picture of a young man. Maybe my age or slightly older. I squinted my eyes at the photo. Why was he giving me this? Behind the photos was a description of the man. James Altwood. The 25-year old, self-made billionaire. Currently living in New York. It had flight patterns, living patterns. Hobbies and dislikes. I was confused for a second before I realized what this was. Shaking my head I handed the folder back to him.

"No thank you," I simply said making his jaw tick.

"You work for me now, do you not understand that?" He said angrily. He seemed like he was always so damn angry.

"Why can't you just hire someone else to do it?" I asked.

"Because you are the best at this shit, I could have Dalia do it but I really don't want her help," he sighed sitting back down on the bed. He looked desperate for the first time meeting him.

I aggressively took the folder out of his hands again and looked it over in more detail. He would be at Envy Saturday night, but I didn't want to attract attention to that place.

"When?" I asked still skimming the papers.

"When what?" He asked making my jaw tick this time.

"I suggest you not play games with me, Giovanni, if you want me to do this then you are going to have to give me a time and place to do it," I explained to him. "I haven't done a planned kill in over a year," it was embarrassing to admit this type of stuff to him. He was a man of power and I didn't feel like I was in power right now.

"There is a charity event in three days, I want you to come as my date." He told me as I continued to look at the folder.

"What does that have to do this?" I asked as I held up the folder up.

"He will be there," he said. I nodded my head.

"I don't have anything to wear to an event like that," I told him truthfully. I was true, I brought only a duffel bag.

"My sister will bring you shopping," he said with a huff and got up from my bed. Stepping down the stairs and walking towards the door. "I would rather you wear some damn clothing in my house, Francesca."

And with that, he left the room and slammed the door behind him.

"I would rather you wear clothing in my own damn house because I'm almighty Giovanni," I mocked at him, giving the finger to the door.

I sighed and dropped my towel to the ground, crawling up in my new bed. I don't think I have ever been in such a comfortable bed. I feel like I'm going to be saying a lot of I have never. As I laid in bed I looked at the folder. James was not a good person. Rape allegations on his younger sister? Oh god, that terrible. I now understood why Giovanni wanted him dead. That and him being the one who stole their cocaine shipment. Not him specifically but James was a part of an American mafia family. One of the worst, The Gambino family. So it was only fitting Giovanni would be the one to send a hit out on the one who stole the shipment.