Chapter 5: ... That I will endure.

[Sorry for forgetting this.]

Somewhere at the beach, Azur Lane Base.

Javelin was at the beach, from what she was looking, there's Comet, Cygnet, Cresent, Lexington, Gridley, and Saratoga all in beach clothing... They're all playing Volleyball, with Gridley taking pictures of them. While Javelin has a lunch basket and floater...

Javelin: How did I get stuck with all this stuff...

And then Laffey came to her.

Laffey: Javelin, why do you have such a worried look on your face.

Javelin: Oh, do I?

Gridley snapped a pic of both of them.

Laffey: Playing in the sand makes every bad thing go away.

Nick was just passing by with King George V, likely for their Dueling Training. But he heard that and sighed.

HCM (Nick)'s Mind: If only I have the same mindset as yours, Little Laffey...

She then showed a thumbs up, Javelin turns away and speaks herself in her mind.

Javelin's Mind: You might be the source of my concern, if I'm being honest...

Gridley took a pic of them again and then to both Nick and KGV, beginning their duel. While Gridley... Ahem...

Hammann: Ugh

Hammann: Ugh... What!? Why!? Why am I getting Pictures!?

Hornet: Who cares? Just enjoy the drinks and relaxation! Life's too short to ask questions. You dig?

Velikiy: I'll take a short break, with a nice cold Vodka.

HCM (Nick): Oh, Velikiy... I prefer Tea. I don't care if it's Hot or Cold.

USN Shipgirl: Come on, you can do better than that, Saratoga!

Lexington: San Diego!

They all turned to look at San Diego, even Nick, KGV and an arriving Velikiy.

Saratoga: Look out! Behind you!!!

San Diego turns around and a Shark is coming for her... She quickly tries to swim away, as Nick takes aim... With his SVDM, loaded with Armor Piercing, with his Sister as his Spotter.

Velikiy: And... Fire.

A single shot and as the Shark is about to have a piece of meat of San Diego, it was hit. Causing it to miss... But, it wasn't enough...

 But, it wasn't enough