i | pilot

(season 1, episode 1)pilot

pilot

PART TWO

THE WEST WING WAS BUSTLING. As Leo strode into the building people were filtering all around him.

"JOSH!" Was called out by Leo and this was enough to get Alexandra out of her office

"Morning Leo" greeted Donna out of habit while still stirring her coffee as Alex stepped out of her locker.

She was still reading a file about the Cubans she had just been informed about and was barely listening to Donna's attempts to get Josh out of his office.

"I heard it's broken"

Donna's comment caused Alex to immediately raise her head in concern for the man she regarded as a mentor.

"Really?" She piped up, gaining Leo's attention.

"You heard wrong, and good morning Alex"

"Hey, Leo. So what's wrong with his leg?" She couldn't help herself but inquire.

"It's a mild sprain. He'll be back later today"

This was enough to satisfy Alex's need to know and simply hummed in agreement as she continued to search for the extra files she needed.

"He was unsuccessful" was Leo's last comment to Donna, so Alexandra decided to follow him into Josh's office.

"Hey" he greeted absentmindedly after ending a phone call. Not that it mattered because Leo was already moving onto the next topic.

"How many Cubans have crammed themselves into these fishing boats?"

"It's important to understand, Leo that, by in large, they're not fishing boats." Josh explained "You hear fishing boats, you conjure this image of... well of a boat"

Alex cut in "What he's trying to say is that first of all, what the Cubans are on would charitably be described as rafts"

"They're making the hop from Havana to Miami in fruit baskets, basically." Josh finished for her "Let's just be clear on that"

"We are" Leo dragged out, almost already sick of how the two functioned like one human being.

That was the thing about the two. They managed to bicker with each other at any given chance but functioned as one person with thoughts that were so in sync with the other.