v | the crackpots and these women

(season 1, episode 5)the crackpots and these women

the crackpots and these women

PART SIX

IN THE TIME THAT HAD PASSED SINCE CALLING IN A FAVOUR FROM SENATOR LIAM WYATT A FEW THINGS HAD CHANGED. For one, Josh had yet to extract any details from Alex since she had used his first name instead of a formal title. Second of all, Liam had been pestering her to grab dinner one night in return for his help. And finally, she was not in any way excited for the day where she had to listen to nutjobs talk about random things.

"Do we really have to do this?" She asked the person on the phone as she entered the doors of the West Wing for the first time today.

A chuckle sounded through the phone, "c'mon Andy, you owe me a favour."

The use of the nickname she hadn't heard in a very long time was slightly unsettling. "I know I do but I was expecting something like a political favour, not going to dinner."

"Well, that's just tough isn't it?"

"Alright, fine. But it has to be a night that I'm not needed at work."

Liam sighed through the phone, "yes, yes I know. How about tonight?"

Her eyebrows had shot up at his proposition, not expecting it to be so soon. She internally weighed the pros and cons of her actions but ultimately was secretly excited about the proposition. "Alright, tonight. But only if nothing comes up."

"Yes!" he cheered through the phone, "I'll pick you up from outside."

And the two quickly sorted out the details and hung up before she found herself walking with Donna and Josh through the bullpen. "Donald hasn't called me," she states to both of them.

"He wasn't that good anyway," Alex said at the same time Josh commented: "Who's Donald?"

"He's the guy from the thing," the two women said in unison.

All three of them continued to make their way through the hall as Josh decides it is appropriate to make comments about his level of interest in Donna's dating life. Just before the two of them leave for the staff meeting in the Roosevelt Room their secretary informs them of an unexpected meeting. "Leo wants you two to meet someone named Lacy from the National Security Council in his office, Alex right now and Josh straight after."

Realising she could possibly be late, Alex quickly dashed off to the meeting having to push several people out of the way who were loitering. She unceremoniously burst into the room, where Leo and a man in a suit were having what appeared to be a serious meeting.

"I'm Jonathan Lacy from the N.S.C." the man introduced himself with a dreary voice.

Extending her hand, she returned the sentiment, "Alexandra Sanchez."