ii | post hoc, ergo propter hoc

(season 1, episode 2)post hoc, ergo propter hoc

post hoc, ergo propter hoc

PART THREE

ALEXANDRA NECK-DEEP IN A PILE OF PAPERWORK WHEN THE CHANTING BEGAN. The day had barely begun and she already knew that her hour of peace Alex so desperately wants for every now and then is officially gone.

"Victory is mine! Victory is mine! Great day in the morning, people. Victory is mine!" Josh's joyous attitude only caused a deep sigh to reverberate through her body as she walked outside her office to see him practically prancing around.

"Morning Lyman" his head snaps around as he strides over to the senior advisor and slaps her hand aggressively.

After their brief interaction, Josh is back making his way over to Donna after she greets him. "I drink from the keg of glory, Donna. Bring me the finest muffins and bagel in all the land"

"Don't you dare Donna, we all know the child can do without any excess sugar" he simply shrugs off the comment and walked over to the junior staff.

"It's gonna be an unbearable day" is commented by Donna as Josh throws his arms up in the air while others cheer for him.

"Don't I know it"

. . . . . ╰──╮╭──╯ . . . . .

"Can I have a cookie?"

"No"

This exchange is enough to pique Alex's interest as she walks over to Mrs Landingham's, seeing a delicious jar of cookies as Toby holds open the lid.

"Ooh, Mrs Landingham, can I have one please" the innocent face is almost always a guarantee for Alex when it comes to the secretary.

"Of course, my dear"

Sam also walks into the room and takes a cookie as C.J. ends her call with a huff.

"They're issuing a press release. We're gonna be playing defence all day"

"Really?" Alex inquires "All because of the joke"

The only response she receives is a nod before Josh walks into the room with Donna waiting at the door. "Someone give me a river to forge, a serpent to slay" the obnoxious comment earns him a quick slap on the head by Alexandra. "Ow"

"What's his problem?" C.J. questioned from beside Alex.

"He's been drinking from the keg of glory. We're to bring him all the muffins and bagels in the land" Donna recites his previous statement annoyed.

"We heard" and "Good job" were the responses from the communications directors

"Thank you very much. C.J., they turned down the invitation?"

"They declined" the senior staff all made their way into the Oval Office.

"What does that mean?"