einunddreißig

▬▬ ❸❶ ▬▬

"Lisa, please relax. Shall I get you some wine? I would suggest that you call off this engagement, as that wretched girl will never come. She had the audacity to behave like a vamp on this occasion. She didn't even think about your reputation." Said Mina, still speaking loud enough for everyone to hear.

The Chairman, on the other hand, was feeling extremely miserable. He had taken so much trouble to plan and execute this event and Irene didn't even come. The entire evening was falling apart. His relatives were snickering. He felt all the more bad for his daughter.

"Lisa, what are you waiting for?" asked Mina, clutching her arm. She was pressurizing Lisa to accept her back by making Irene a vicious woman. She knew that Irene wouldn't dare to come for the engagement so had to take full advantage of the time.

When she enveloped her arm around Lisa's arm people in the party again broke into a murmur of gossip.

"They look so pretty together."

"Lisa must make her wear the ring. She is looking perfect like a bride."

"Yes, she must teach a lesson to Irene."

"She is such a heartless and useless woman."

"She used Lisa to climb up the society."

The gossip wouldn't die down and the Chairman started feeling miserable. He got up to announce that the engagement was cancelled. It was already 9pm and there was no chance that Irene would show up. He had never suffered so much insult in his life. He had gone to such lengths to bring the two of them together.

Just as he was taking the mic in his hand to announce, the main door opened and a young and beautiful girl dressed in pale peach dress entered. She was followed by a graceful woman in her hanbok. The girl was looking like a fairy that had descended on the earth to bless the people around. She looked ethereal. All her accessories were complimenting her petite figure. All the guests turned towards her as her beauty mesmerized them. The Chairman breathed a sigh of relief.

Mina was very flustered the moment she saw Irene. She was not expecting her to show up at all. Everything was going so well. Lisa was about to accept her back in her life.

Irene walked towards them. All of them were looking at her as she walked. She saw that Mina was still hanging on the arms of Lisa.

"I am sorry for being late," said Irene with a sad face.

Before she could say anything Mina shouted, "Irene, you dare to show your face here today. Now don't blame me for being ruthless if I reveal your truth in front of anyone."

Almost everyone in the party became all the more interested. Who the hell was this mysterious woman? What was the truth about her? What was the family hiding?

Mina spoke out louder this time, "Lisa, before you bring this girl into your family, you should know that her father belongs to an underworld mafia. She is not the child of Bae Sung-hoon but her father is Vladimir Mikhailov, who is the don of Russia. She is a bastard child. Being a reputable organization, you cannot marry this girl. She is not suited for you. If you don't believe me, you can ask her mother."

Irene hung her head low, tears were streaming out of her eyes.

Mina demanded her, "Tell them, isn't it the truth?"

Irene nodded, "Yes, it is the truth. My father's name is Vladimir Mikhailov and he belongs to the underworld. But I didn't know anything about it until a few days back. I am sorry, Lisa, but that is the truth." Irene started sobbing hysterically now.