28. Challenges

*EDITED*

A L I Y A

I hated mornings, I was never a morning person and never will be one. And today wasn't an exception, well it wasn't supposed to be but when Harry decided it would be fun to challenge me: I had to wake up. According to Harry, not talking for a whole day was fun 'time pass' thus the challenge.

Already ready for the day I glanced at the clock to see it hit 10 am. Record time to wake up on a free day; I'd normally still be asleep.

Point for Aliya.

Walking outside I was welcomed by the warm air and the smell of fresh pollen, the morning dew was visible on the freshly cut grass. Gemma had called the gardeners over so that they could clear the garden up a bit, trimming the flowers and the grass down to a good size.

Yesterday's shopping trip was good. Gemma came alongside with us and the best part was that there weren't many people around since many of the big shops had been closed down for renovation or location change. It felt amazing to go out without anyone realizing who we were and truth be told I was glad, I mean I didn't want to experience what happened at the ice cream shop. But I guess it wouldn't have mattered, they (they being fans and media) would have found out that Harry and I were dating soon enough. We had returned with at least three bags of shopping each.

I sat on the outdoor furniture that was placed under the veranda, playing games on my phone. I wasn't an outdoor person but I just wanted to avoid Harry because knowing him, he would try to get me to talk to him.

"Hey." I looked up to see Gemma.

"Hey." I replied, standing up.

"What are you doing?" She questioned, walking back inside.

"Nothing." I answer.

"That's boring." I laugh at the truth of her statement. "We should do something instead of just lying around." I nodded in response.

"Head down to the beach?" I suggest, playing with my hair. "I'm not swimming." Gemma protested shaking her head.

"Neither am I, we just go there to get a different environment. That's all." Hooking an arm around Gemma's, I drag her out the door and into her car. As Gemma starts the car I pull out my phone and start a text to Harry.

Me: Gemma and I, are heading out for some girl time. See you in a few hours xx

I get a reply as soon as I hit send.

Harry: Didn't expect this from you, giving up on the challenge already? Knew you couldn't resist me babe ;) x

Me: Incase you didn't realize I'm technically not talking to you, I'm just 'texting' you. Communication through electronic devices without the use of verbal sound xx

Harry: That's not fair! I didn't know we could use phones to talk to each other :(

Me: You never said we couldn't use them and you just had to be smart enough to figure that we could talk to each other in different ways. Adapting to circumstances is a virtue, learn it xx

Harry: Don't go all smart on me :((

Me: Sorry :) Gtg now, bye xx

I switch my phone off as I glance out the window. The streets of London were crowded with rushing pedestrians and loud sounds. People walking in and out of shops, boutiques, cafes etc and literally just enjoying themselves. It felt nice to be in a location where there was such emotion and to be amidst all this was like watching the happy ending of a movie.

I felt like laughing at myself, I was talking about people being happy with such deep feelings. What is up with me? But it was only the truth and maybe the reason for this sort of talk was in fact because I felt my life had taken a happy ending.

I lay my head on the head rest as I heard the sounds of car horns blasting at each other on the road. Typical London traffic, I thought in my mind.

Maybe I was going crazy, maybe I already was? Harry and I had only started dating like barely two days ago and I felt that my life was a happy ending? Perhaps it was the feeling that I got just by being given the title girlfriend that gave me this sense. Or it was simply because I had known Harry even before we started dating and trusted him completely? But whatever it was, it wasn't a happy ending yet, I'd have to work for it.

+

R O S E

I literally sprinted out of my office building, I couldn't miss the bus again this time. I speed walked past the crowd of people trying to reach the bus station in time, I could see it right up in front of me, less than a few meters away.

I breathed a sigh of relief as I reached the station in time just as the bus arrived. This was one of the few times when I'd actually caught the bus to take me home otherwise I would get so late coming out of work that I would miss it.

Even though I wouldn't mind having to walk, I still wasn't up for physical labour straight after work. Sinking into my window seat I pulled out my earplugs and placed my songs on shuffle as I scrolled through Instagram. I paused to look at Gemma's recent post, it was a selfie of Aliya and her at the beach; eating ice cream. I couldn't help but feel rejection as I stared at the screen. I know it wasn't right for me to get upset over the fact that my best friend can be someone else's best friend as well but it was just that I missed her, I missed her so much and I missed all the things we did together.

It's been about two months since Aliya left and nothing has been the same after that. Mr and Mrs Waters missed their daughter but they tried not to show it in front of anyone. I missed her and pretty much everyone was asking when she'd be back but truth be told, I don't think that would be anytime soon.

I signed as I got off the bus, heading into a small supermarket. Picking up a few groceries and a cold coffee I headed to the cashier.

Seriously Rose? Is this the only cashier you could go to? There's other cashiers but no you need to go to this specific one? I taunted myself in my head as I locked eyes with him.

I'm so done.

//

It's been so long since I updated! I literally wrote this whole chapter the whole of today because I wasn't getting any ideas but I'm so glad I finally posted it. But the reason why I didn't feel like updating was because I have no motivation to do it. You guys hardly vote and comment any more and it upsets me because I get so many views but nobody bothers to vote and comment. I know I may sound desperate but this is the only way that makes me feel that you guys actually enjoy my book and that I should continue this book. I'm sorry if I offended anyone but this is what I feel, and don't think I might continue this book anymore.

I don't think any of you would read this either but :(

All the love as always, H xx

- harpreet0818 xx