Chapter 8 - Hospital

STELLA'S POV

Jully and I were working on the same floor today. Our shift started without any problems until the afternoon.

The hospital got an emergency call and the first-floor staff all left towards the entrance to take care of it. Twenty minutes after that call, I was checking the vitals of a patient in a room when a frantic nurse ran towards me and started stuttering nonsensical things.

Jully heard the woman and came out of the room she was working on, which coincidently was the one across from mine.

"What's wrong?" Jully asked.

"I don't know, I don't understand what she says." I responded. We turned our focus back to the woman and this time, we were able to understand some of what she said.

"...hospital entrance...girl...gun... demanding that only Stella and Jully Sinner take care of her...." The moment we registered these words we started running towards the entrance of the hospital and found a stretcher with a young blond girl covered in blood lying on it. When the girl saw us approaching she put her gun away and smiled, she moved her hair away from the left side of her neck and showed it to us.

On her neck was the Sinner family's birthmark...

"Please aunties, save my baby." The girl whispered and passed out. July and I gasped in unison and stared mouth agape at the girl.

I started observing her, her face was all bruised, the jacket she was wearing belongs to Alan, I know it because I was the one who gave him that jacket and when my eyes went lower, I saw blood.

Freaking blood.

Jully snapped out of her trance first and opened the jacked. Underneath it, she had a white t-shirt drenched in blood and clinging to a very small baby bump.

"Wheel her to the exam room NOW!" Jully's scream, scaring our coworkers who quickly scrambled to do as told.

I follow after my niece and start by taking her out of that blood-covered shirt. I take her temperature and see that she is hotter than she should be.

"She may have an infection." I say out loud and a male nurse beside me writes down what I said.

"Maybe one of her stitches is infected." Jully speaks. We start cleaning all the blood and soon we get access to her stitches, they were professionally done but some of them popped out.

I look down to grab a pair of gloves that were being offered to me when I see it. Blood on her panties.

"July! She's bleeding from her vagina, she is having a hemorrhage, she may lose her baby if hasn't, already if we don't do anything quickly!" Jully quickly runs out of the room and comes back inside with an ultrasound machine. She quickly set it up and soon I was doing my niece's ultrasound.

The moment we heard the fetus's strong heartbeat I felt so relieved.

"Thank god the baby is alive!" I sighed with relief and started watching the image of the fetus. She looks like she's eleven weeks along, the baby is small through. My niece needs to put on a lot of weight because she is too thin, her ribs are on show and it's affecting her baby's growth.

I finish the ultrasound and when I got a closer look at this hemorrhage I saw that nothing was wrong, she probably got stressed and the high levels of stress caused her bleeding.

Next Jully and I examined her stitches, we stitched back up the ones that had popped open and we did indeed find some infected stitches on her back and on the back of her thigs.