Chapter 20: The Last "King" II

"Is this a new friend?" Zeno asked tilting his head at Cryo, who stared and pushed Karl foreward towards Zeno, who caught him in a hug.

"Yes"

"FRIEND!!" Zeno shouted while hugging Karl like a teddy bear, while Karl awkwardly played along and soon panicked at noticing Cryo slowly tip toeing away from them.

"So, I got some knightly duties to attend to so...bye!" Cryo said, disappearing with ender particles being left behind.

"I wish they would tell me where the ender pearls are hidden, they keep tell me that its a bad idea to tell me, I wonder why" Zeno said, still hugging Karl.

"Oh wait thats right! Since you're my new friend, I got to show you around!" Zeno said, finally letting go of Karl, who immediately breathed in heavily with oxygen.

Karl knelt down onto the prestine red carpet of the castle and looked back up to see Zeno already seemed excited on the new task at hand.

"C'mon! I want to show you my favorite spots in the castle!" Zeno said, already at the end of the hallway with Karl lagging behind.

"Wait for me!"

*

"He's late again" Katelyn said, her legs crossed under the shade of a tree, the bright blue foliage glimmering at each motion of the wind.

The same glimmer that adorn her horns that seemed to stem the same way as the tree she nested upon. Jane, who stood a few meters away from Katelyn's brooding.

"You know how he is: immature" She says, watching Katelyn stand back up and take her enchanted trident, which was leaning onto the bed of tree.

"Why be immature about learning how to fight? I thought boys his age liked that sorta stuff" Katelyn whined, pulling out a pocket mirror to manage her bangs that seemed to always seem to be uneven on each segment between her glowing blue antlers, the blue color fading in to a white color as it connects to the skin.

"Zeno has no friends his age, how is gonna get influenced by that logic if he's lonely" Jane said, shooting down a stray phantom fron the flock that tried to hunt them the previous night.

"His rule so far is very different from when his sister had the crown" Katelyn mentioned to Jane as she feed her little gray parrot, who went to perch on the lovely tree near Katelyn, who reminisce along her the history of Sandless.

Before Zeno had been crowned, her best friend, Comet, had ruled the fine nation with only better judgement and unwavering dedication of keeping the kingdom together. She had been adored by all of her subjects, until one night she started to cough blood.

Everyday her complexion turned paler and paler, her hands turned cold by every nighy. Day by day, she grew weaker, weak enough that she could not fulfill her duties as a queen.

She winced at the memory of her dear friend's death bed, instead went back to finding Zeno in the forsaken mansion.

*

"This is my favorite"

Zeno said, gazing up onto to the large painting. Karl gave him a confused look before looking at the painting himself.

It was a painting of a silver haired woman, her features delicate as glass. She harbored a light pink dress and a cloak that transluscent with the faint color of white, roses scattered across her dress and all around the painting, her eyes closed as her hands held a scepter opposite to her appearance, the handle gold with sharp vines twisted upon its body, a maliscous substance seemed to envelop its core, a green crystal of sorts, a thin and sharp pupil in its center. Her background had been painted with a a shining light manifesting outwards fron her body, but the land she walked seemed to release dark shapes, almost scale-like.