Chapter 25: Turtles are dope

"You know when you told me we were going ice skating, I just assumed you knew how to ice skate, which was wrong" She said as she watched Wilbur land on his butt the 3rd time in a row.

"I absorbed some false confidence when I watched other people skate" He said as he hissed at the pain on his buttocks.

"And now you pay the price, luckily its all ice so it help with bruises, I think" she said as she slid closer to him and helping him up.

"Please don't let go" he said, gripping her hand as he tried to remain steady on the ice. She laughed at him.

"You'll get the hang of it soon, that's how I learned -well technically my parents hired a teacher for me but thats besides the point" She said as she watched his legs wiggle from trying to find balance.

"Well how did your teacher teach you?" He asked, wanting to finally stand and not slip up the next 3 seconds.

"I can't remember but he did teach me how to do those skating tricks, I even entered in some contests, even won some trophies too, almost got engaged to one of the skaters though" She said nonchalantly as she started guiding him along the ice.

"Wait what?" He said, clearly taken a back with wide eyes.

"One of my friends from the contests was a dude with a rich family and my parents took interest, and long story short, I'm very glad that he had supportive parents when I convinced him to come out" She told him with an unbothered tone.

"Lucky him, huh?" He quiped, noting how the sides of her lips drooped down in response.

"Yeah...lucky him" She mumbled back. She thought back to all those times her parents were anything but supportive.

*

"Stop crying, its your own fault" Her mother scolded as she stood across  from a 4 year old Claudia sitting on a stool with a maid treating her small knee, which had been badly scraped, small traces of blood and dirt had coated the joint.

"You should have been watching where you were going, you're already 4 years old! I was never that stupid when I was your age, and didn't I tell you to go study? If you had listened to me, this would have happened. And stop crying already!" She slapped her across the face as her sobs slowly getting softer as she attempt in fear of getting hit again.

"My goodness you're so troublesome, when will you learn? We only want whats best for you. Do you think I like hitting you? I only wants whats best for you! Just do what I say and I won't have to hit you again" She said angrily as the maid finished treating the wound and leaving the room leaving just the two of then alone.

Her sobs remained soft as she looked down on the carpeted floor, and flinched the sharp nails that pricked her cheeks as her mother's hand grabbed her face roughly and facing her towards her mother.

"Look at me when I'm speaking to you!"

She hesitantly looked into her mother's eyes the same dark brown eyes that she had inherited.

"From now on, make sure you follow what I say, do you understand?" She said sweetly, as if all faults were forgiven.

"Y-yes.."