Moving Out

It had been two weeks since the poisoning. Crusher had woken up a few days within those weeks but was feeling weak because of the poison. Grammy had come to help him out as soon as he was out of the hospital.

For those past weeks, Blaze had been balancing himself over his police duties and his time for his lover. His police duties gave him a free way to investigate his parents' murder attempt, starting with the poison that Stripes and AJ were questioned.

And since they didn't pull through with the attempt, Phoenix and Flame were released but placed under the eye of the police. Sparkle forgave them once everything was explained, but Blaze still wouldn't trust them.

He couldn't.

And he was gonna show them that he was never going to be who they thought he will be every again.

.

.

.

"You're LEAVING?!"

Darington, Pickle and Zeg's jaws dropped open. Gasquatch looked shocked while Speedrick looked at them in disbelief. Crusher gulped and twiddled his tires while Blaze looked firm and nodded.

"Yes, we are," he confirmed.

"Grammy thought it would be safer if... Blaze and I moved out of Axle City, away from any danger," Crusher told them.

"And we will," Blaze agreed. "No crowd, all air and free. We'll both be safe,"

"But we're gonna miss you!" Pickle sobbed.

"You guys can visit," Crusher assured them. "We're staying at the house beside Grammy's, and you know where it is, Pickle, so you could lead Darington and Zeg there,"

"And we'll send you guys the address because we know that we can trust you all," Blaze added with a smile.

"Oh thank goodness," Darington sighed in relief.

"So Crusher and Blaze not racers anymore?" Zeg asked.

"We're retiring," Crusher told them with a shrug.

"Well, we know we can't stop you, so all I can say is, good luck," Speedrick spoke.

"We can also help you guys get out of Axle City without anyone following," Gasquatch offered.

"Thanks, Gasquatch!" Blaze beamed. "We actually told you all because we have a plan, and we really need your help,"

"Just tell us what to do, and we'll help you guys out!" Pickle grinned.

"It's simple," Crusher told them. "Darington and Zeg, you can distract the other racers,"

"Pickle, distract my family," Blaze went on. "Gasquatch, Speedrick, since you're both larger than us, block us from any crowd that might be watching until we get deep into the forest, where Swoops would be waiting for us. Officer Anna and the rest of the police would be doing the same thing, but more broad,"

"We can do that," Darington and Zeg nodded.

"Should be simple enough," Pickle grinned.

"We're on it!" Gasquatch cried out as Speedrick nodded.

"Thanks guys," Blaze smiled. "Glad we can count on you,"

X

"Hey, Darington and Zeg..." Stripes growled as the group watched the duo enter the Monster Dome.

"Stripes, calm," AJ told him but even he glared at the two.

"Hey, toxics!" Darington greeted smugly.