6: Drunk

Author's point of view

"Aish, why does it smell so bad here?" Sol complained.

"Kang Sol, wake up!" Her eomma yelled in annoyance.

"Wait, eomma. It's still so early. Let me sleep."

"Early? You're late for work!"

She immediately got up and glanced at the clock.

"Why didn't you tell me it's already 10 in the morning?!"

"I tried waking you up a million times! You were so drunk."

"Ne? I was drunk? Then how did I end up here?"

"Yang-gyosunim brought you here."

"Ne?! Yang-gyosunim?!"

"You even vomited on him."

"Omo! We planned to meet today, how will I be able to face him?!"

She cringed as she remembered everything that happened.

-Yesterday-

These days, Sol couldn't stop thinking of Jong Hoon.

'Byeol is right. I think I like Yang-gyosunim. And I feel like I'm weird for doing so. Who would think I'd like the professor I hated a lot before?' She thought. At that moment, she was at Hankuk University in the restroom. They agreed to meet there on that day.

She then remembered how Jong Hoon wiped the blood from her nose and how his face was so close to hers. "He's even more handsome up close!" She felt butterflies in her stomach. She was laughing and talking to herself like a fool.

Sol looked at herself in the mirror. "Kang Sol, just act cool, okay? Don't be too obvious. Remember what your eomma said: when you like a man, you should play hard to get."

She went to his office and tried to act normal. "G-gyosunim" She smiled as she entered his office and she felt her cheeks burning. Jong Hoon, on the other hand, was just his normal self. But when their eyes met, they felt a weird sensation. Their eyes stayed like that for a couple of seconds.

They talked about the case and what they should do about it.

"Gyosunim, your eomeoni told me your father wants to get to know you and be a father to you again but you don't want to."

Jong Hoon just took a sip from his iced Americano.